$110,000.00 – $125,000.00
1901 Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Virtualization Engineer to provide Virtualization support in our Blacksburg Virginia Enterprise IT Operations Center. This is a great opportunity to work with an elite team of virtualization professionals to maintain a secure environment for critical systems. Bring your own experience and work with our team to teach and learn while building, maintaining, and supporting our customer environments.
- Implement, monitor, and sustain multiple versions of VMware running on both hyperconverged and converged infrastructures in multiple customer environments.
- Implement, monitor, and sustain multiple hardware infrastructure, in multiple customer environments.
- Troubleshoot all escalated Virtualization issues ranging from hardware to operating. systems/applications/permissions/user profile related issues.
- Analysis of VMware Policies, Patching, Hypervisor requirements and remediate accordingly.
- Demonstrate excellent networking and technical skills, proficiency with the design, implementation and support of virtualization solutions, integration of enterprise servers (hosts), storage, network, and components, and exhibit strong project management and communication.
- Implement, install, and recommend technologies including database, systems management, server virtualization, network storage and security.
- Evaluate and architect network, server, and storage architecture plans.
- Technical writing for both system integration and transition to operations teams for sustainment.
- Work in hybrid multi-location operations team administering existing production network.
- Follow, maintain, and produce in-house documentation for repeatable processes, including database feature installation, disaster recovery, and common problem resolution.
- Assist in creating automation and process improvements toward greater efficiency, reduced incidents, and proactive systems management.
- Support tickets and manage incidents, service requests, and problems through their full life cycle.
- Provide health and performance reporting and take appropriate actions based on trends in data.
- Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties.
- Document troubleshooting steps and knowledge articles for Shared Desk and Help Desk teams.
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years’ experience or we will accept additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experienced with VMware versions 6.x and above.
- Experienced with VMware Horizon VDI
- Experienced with VMware SRM
- Experienced with Dell, HP, Cisco UCS, Converged and HCI hardware technologies.
- Experienced with PowerCLI, Powershell, or Python and other automation tools.
- Familiar with ticketing systems and the value of good documentation
- VCP-DCV – VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualization
- CompTIA Security Plus or obtain CompTIA Security Plus within 60 days of start date
- New employees within 50 miles of the Blacksburg, VA office location will be asked to work a hybrid model
- A US Citizen who can obtain a DoD secret clearance.
- Experience with Cloud Environments Azure, AWS, Google, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in IT Related Field
$110,000.00 – $125,000.00
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.