Are you seeking a new and challenging position supporting a complex Program for the Warfighter? Well, look no further! This is an exciting time to contribute to a mission-critical program with lasting impactful results. Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer to develop, maintain, and enhance complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements. Works individually or as part of a team. Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results. Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment. Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
• Analyze user requirements to derive software design and performance requirements
• Debug existing software and correct defects
• Provide recommendations for improving documentation and software development process standards
• Design and code new software or modify existing software to add new features
• Perform ongoing sustainment support as needed for legacy signals analysis systems and tools
• Develop and maintain legacy COTS and GOTS software packages
• Modify software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, and implement new security requirements
• Modify/augment existing software to add new features if required to satisfy user and/or security requirements
• Implement, test, and deploy bug fixes, enhancements, and security updates for legacy code
• Integrate existing software into new or modified systems or operating environments
• Assist with maintaining the overall system including migrating the code to new systems or operating environments
• Help coordinate system outages and deploy software to the operational environment.
• Assist with helpdesk support as needed
• Write, update, and review project documentation in Word and maintain information in Confluence workspaces.
• Work in partnership with other developers, systems administrators, testers, and subject matter experts (SMEs) to provide troubleshooting and support services for user and system issues.
Clearance Required: Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
Minimum Fourteen (14) years' experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree. The candidate must possess strong Java and C++ skills.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Proactive, team oriented
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.