Do you want to make a difference and do work that makes an impact? Do you want to have a hand in keeping our country and its people safe? If so, then, you are just what Leidos is looking for! We are seeking energized, motivated, and curious interns in the Alexandria VA area to start in the summer of 2024.
A successful candidate will support a dynamic team to identify, investigate, respond and eradicate cybersecurity events targeting the DISA and its DOD Mission Partners. Candidates will develop cyber skills and knowledge while operating in a highly dynamic operating environment. Candidates with coursework in Networking, Application Development, Cloud, Computer Science and Cyber Security will be able to apply that knowledge while analyzing and responding to cyber threats and warnings.
Leidos is a worldwide defense, intelligence, homeland security and advanced technology company. Our program GSM-O is a United States Government program chartered to provide worldwide Defense Information System Network services to the Department of Defense and national security organizations.
• Shadow numerous teams within the SOC to become familiarized with, and learn TTPs (Tactics, Techniques, Procedures) for all areas of operation
• Review and update TTP and technical documentation
• Participate in pilot programs and exercises
• Learn to brief technical subjects
• Utilize alerts from endpoints, IDS/IPS, netflow, and custom sensors to identify compromises on customer networks/endpoints.
• Perform junior-level review of massive log files, pivot between data sets, and correlate evidence for incident investigations.
• Pass triaged alerts to senior-level SOC personnel and assist in identifying malicious actors on customer networks.
• Document analysis, findings, and actions in a case/knowledge management system.
• Support senior-level SOC personnel with the creation and distribution of incident reports to customers and higher headquarters.
• Must be able to obtain DoD Secret security clearance or higher, and ability to obtain TS/SCI - US citizenship required
• Must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree from an accredited college/university in a related field
• Experience working in a SOC environment is strongly preferred
• CND experience (Protect, Detect, Respond and Sustain) within a Computer Incident Response organization strongly preferred
• Basic understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration, OSI model, defense-in-depth and common security elements.
• Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
• Able to obtain DoD 8570 IAT level II or higher certification such as CompTIA Security+ CE, ISC2 SSCP, SANS GSEC within 90 days of start
• Demonstrated commitment to training, self-study and maintaining proficiency in the technical cybersecurity domain and an ability to think and work independently
• Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
• Willing to perform shift work, including weekend hours.
• Familiarization with Cybersecurity and Incident Handling concepts (MITRE AT&CK framework, etc.)
• Ability to perform data entry tasks and run appropriate queries and utilize pivot tables to display, perform analysis, assess trends. Interact with customers and other teams when responding to customer tasking
Local candidates strongly preferred (Northern VA area)
Students with related skills and recent graduates an active clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $44,200.00 - $79,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.