Leidos is looking to hire a Solution Architect to provide technical leadership for FS2’s Aeronautical Task Order in support of the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA).
The Technical Lead/Solution Architect must have a background in successfully collaborating with a variety of customers and stakeholders, helping to fill the communication gap between technical and non-technical specialists. The candidate will provide leadership to invigorate technical innovation and must be willing to drive smart change to support a collaborative and innovative culture to provide our customer with optimal solutions that meet their strategic goals. By collaborating with and being a part of the project management team, the candidate will provide strategic recommendations and ensure that the solution fits the defined purpose and aligns with NGA policies and FS2 program objectives. The candidate will demonstrate both managerial and technical capabilities and experience. The qualified candidate will work hand-in-hand with technical and program management leadership along with various external stakeholders, to lead architectural designs and drive implementation for all technical solutions across FS2’s Aeronautical Task Order. This position will require experience across multiple System Engineering and architecture domains with a focus on standing, maintaining, and optimizing cloud environments, and the deployment of custom code, COTS, and GOTS to those environments with a Geospatial focus. This is an exciting position that allows a candidate to make meaningful impact to the future direction of the Aeronautical mission!
This position involves leading systems engineering activities that support integrating, modernizing and deploying IT capabilities using remote desktop and cloud technologies.
• Become a subject matter expert (SME) for the Aero baseline and supporting programs, with the ability to communicate the system’s features, architecture, roadmap, and limitations to a variety of audiences
• Review current architecture diagrams across many Aero programs to identify similar dependencies, connections, and interactions with other programs and databases.
• Collaborate with other program technical leadership on the system architecture roadmap and backlog aligned to customer’s technology strategy and vision
• Decompose requirements, use cases, and need statements into epics and features with clearly defined acceptance criteria that will be assigned to agile development teams
• Provide hands-on technical support to the team (systems engineering, software development, testing)
• Execute analysis of alternatives (AoA) and prototypes to determine the design of new system features and capabilities
• Participate and provide subject matter expertise in technical exchange meetings and other customer or stakeholder forums
• Manage the system requirements and maintain technical requirement documents
• Create and communicate design artifacts to the team to ensure applications and services are built to support the business and architecture objectives
• Provide subject matter expertise and support agile development teams in the continuous integration of epics and features
• Communicate architectural decisions, plans, goals, and strategies to executive management and the team
- Requires BS degree and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 4 + years of prior relevant experience
- Must currently possess an active Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with various AWS capabilities and services
- Experience with AWS networking and database architecture
- Experience optimizing and managing AWS/cloud infrastructure cost including storage, compute, and database
- Experience across various architecture frameworks including Platform as a Service (PaaS) such as Tanzu or OpenShift, Virtual Desktop Environments, and Virtual Server infrastructure
- Experience with System (hardware, software and networking) Design and Architecture
- Understanding of agile SW development methodologies
- Experience developing a backlog and technical roadmap
- Ability to lead and prioritize systems engineering and architecture requirements for several systems
- Web Application and application workflow experience
- Experience as a product owner, systems engineer or architect
- Preparing presentations and leading/attending technical exchange meetings
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience briefing stakeholders at all levels
- An active TS/SCI with a Polygraph
- DD8570 compliance
- Experience supporting the NGA customer with preference in the Aeronautical domain
- Experience writing, maintaining, and describing architecture diagrams
- Experience optimizing Software deployments and reducing downtime
- Technical certifications including AWS
- Database experience such as PostgreSQL, Geodatabase and SQL Server
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline development processes such as GITLAB CI/CD
- Experience using Citrix Workspace to deliver virtual applications and desktops
- Experience with NGA system accreditation and security processes
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.