The Defense Group at Leidos has an opening for a Software Developer to work with our customer at Eglin AFB, FL. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support the Joint Assessment Division (JAD) mission with the conduct of system of systems interoperability assessments as well as Combined Joint All Domain Command and Control (CJADC2) datacentricity assessments.
The candidate will:
- Participate as a member of an integrated team solving technical problems during all phases of design, installation, and operation of data collection hardware and software at JAD garrison and deployed environments.
- Produce software applications that enhance analyst ability to perform queries and retrieve required data in a time-sensitive manner.
- Support the system engineering life-cycle for software and hardware data collection components, including development, test, and implementation.
- Write source code for one or more JAD automated tools to support task and product requirements (e.g., JWinWAM, DCAAF, MIG, XDARES, TERA).
- Write source code for one or more database systems to support task and product requirements (e.g., JAD Analysis Databases).
- Interact with customers and functional peer groups to gain cooperation regarding solution design and approaches to operations.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of experience, a Master’s degree with 2+ years of experience, or 8+ years of experience with no degree
- Software development related experience (e.g., C, C++, C#)
- Current baseline certification meeting IAT-2 (e.g., Security+)
- Ability to complete computing environment training within 6 months of assignment (e.g., MCSA Win 10)
- Active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Capability to lift 40 lbs.
- Professional writing and oral presentation skills, MS Office proficiency
- Experience with data collection in field environments
- Experience with Java
- Experience with developing and updating program documentation, to include flow charts and test documents
- Experience with file conversion and data transfer solutions
- Experience with maintenance on existing software products and subsystems
- Experience developing and testing solutions to software architecture problems
- Experience in data archival and recovery activities
- Experience in web design
- Experience with AWS or AZURE
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.