Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a Systems Engineer to support an enterprise IT program. The role is focused on building and operating a hybrid-cloud mission infrastructure and services, hosting dozens of applications, as well as supporting a large data lake.
Our client is responsible for building and operating a hybrid-cloud mission infrastructure and services, hosting dozens of Commercial off the shelf (COTS), client-developed, and custom applications, as well as a large data lake. The system has on-premises components deployed at multiple data centers, as well as commercial cloud resources.
The client requires contractor team support with a strong Linux background, strong skills in creating and maintaining automated build processes, and patching processes to facilitate the operations and maintenance (O&M) of the client’s Linux network.
The Systems Engineer will:
- Provide application support to various COTS and client-developed applications, to include but not limited to, Oracle, WebLogic, TomCat, Postgres, MySQL, SQL Lite, Solr and Apache.
- Analyze current business processes and recommend efficiency improvements within the context and constraints of each project, automating processes when it will be beneficial to the client.
- Assist application and systems engineers to evaluate the suitability for a particular application or service to be deployed in the AWS cloud or on-premises.
- Assist with project and system documentation activities such as creating, baselining, and maintaining documentation.
- Direct or perform the installation and configuration of Linux operating systems and applications.
- Effectively apply the client’s methodology and programmatic standards to deliver solutions that meet strategic and tactical goals.
- Effectively communicate on a regular basis within the team and supporting mission partners both internal and external to the client organization.
- Execute physical and virtual server builds using pre-defined Ansible scripts.
- Fully complete assigned work tickets, these may include routine, priority and urgent requests, which support multiple projects, providing documentation of work that was completed.
- Perform daily system checks and monitoring of Linux based applications to prevent degradation of system.
- Design, build and maintain containers in the Linux environments.
- Provide Gitlab administration, performing O&M of server and user access and project creation.
- Create and maintain a directory of servers and hosts for manual and automated patching oversight on reporting of assigned projects.
- Provide monthly patching on client maintained Linux workstations and servers that cannot be patched automatically.
- Provide Tier 2 and higher operating system O&M for Linux workstations and servers.
- Provide Tier 2 and higher troubleshooting assistance for client customers worldwide on Linux servers and workstations.
- Serve as a technical lead, performing architecture, engineering, implementation, and Tier-3 troubleshooting tasks as required.
- Use the client’s project management framework.
- Work within a multidisciplinary team and assist in the areas of technical project management, situational awareness reporting and horizontal integration planning for IT projects.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support as needed, utilizing the team’s rotational call-in schedule.
- Provide support between the core hours of 9am to 3pm, Monday through Friday.
- Current and active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
- Demonstrated experience working with Ansible or other configuration and automation management capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring networks with Nagios or Check_MK, and SolarWinds, and Splunk.
- Demonstrated experience briefing technical projects to peers and senior management.
- Demonstrated experience creating, building and maintaining containers.
- Demonstrated experience deploying and maintaining Amazon Web Services.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining NiFi clusters.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining with CentOS 7 and Rocky 8.
- Demonstrated experience driving project integration efforts to completion.
- Demonstrated experience estimating project costs and maintaining scope.
- Demonstrate experience operating and maintaining SQL servers, database creating, troubleshooting, storage expansion, and patching.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating and coordinating between program stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience managing infrastructure engineering and operations and maintenance projects.
- Demonstrated experience monitoring applications using Splunk and Check_MK and SolarWinds.
- Demonstrated experience performing complex systems development such as design, implementation, and administration for VMWare based virtualization systems including Hypervisor deployments and Configuration and management of storage pools, virtual networks, and virtual machines on-prem and cloud environments.
- Demonstrated experience planning and implementing IT standards, guidelines, and governance.
- Demonstrated experience using content management systems such as Confluence, or ServiceNow.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining Azure cloud environments.
- Demonstrated experience with two or more of the following: Bash Unix Shell, Python, Anaconda, Shell or other shell scripting languages.
- Demonstrated experience providing consulting and advisory services for senior IT stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience implementing and maintaining ElasticSearch environments.
- Demonstrated experience building, maintaining and operating terraform for cloud agnostic instances.
- Demonstrated experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6/7.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining project documentation in client’s security system.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.