The Civilian Health Solution Group has an opening for a Full Stack/Cloud Engineer to support a large healthcare contract.
The Full Stack/Cloud Engineer will be responsible for solving complex coding problems and reusable templates focused on program systems/applications and (AWS) cloud automation solutions.
• Providing administrative support to the AWS Cloud infrastructure as needed. This may include AWS Cloud data warehouse and data pipeline, addressing issues, and supporting activities needed to maintain the Cloud AWS environment, such as user access/security/release/schedules management.
• The SD/Cloud Engineer will be responsible for administering the AWS Cloud Data Warehouse, data pipeline, and cloud components such as DevSecOps scripts, S3 access management and applications configuration.
• The SD Cloud Engineer will work/collaborate closely with the cloud engineering teams and Product Owners, supporting day to day operational incident response, change, and problem management cases.
• They will be responsible for end-to-end scripting, automating, dashboarding, insights, orchestrating day to day operational tasks using, primarily Terraform, but could involve AWS Cloud Formation/ Terraform/ Ansible, unit testing, quality assurance tests, security.
• They will work with the technical leads and the agile team to develop full production support, processes, documentation and operations plan, including monitoring/alerting solutions particularly with respect to the DevSecOps software systems and integrated tools architecture.
• They will troubleshoot DevSecOps end-to-end pipeline issues and potential application and infrastructure issues as they relate to the DevSecOps pipeline.
• Applies subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex data issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate actions.
• Responsible for coding best practices, coding tools, coding quality standards for automation across and infrastructure across the program.
• Supports automation of FinOps cost assessments, alerts and automated recommendations beyond the standard AWS cloud recommendations.
• Primary responsible role for the scalability of the DevSecOps software architecture.
• Practices immutability to ensure systems deployed maintain consistency with the DevSecOps pipeline configuration.
• Provide/write end-to-end engineering and developer documentation.
• May respond to customer requests for support, outage and partial disruption events to restore the system to proper working order; preferably by pipeline updates.
• Follow established CMS standards for implementing Cloud configurations
• Collaborates with the Product Owner(s) and team to identify agile delivery plan.
• Collaborate and coordinate with the other contract Government Task Leads as directed by CMS.
• Works on problems / projects of diverse complexity and scope.
• Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
• Strong proven analytical ability and ability to solve problems independently.
• Fully participates in requested meetings and agile ceremonies which may include constructive feedback and or clarifications.
BS Degree or equivalent years of experience in lieu of degree.
• 7+ years of experience in automating and administering Cloud environments, such as AWS, AWS SDK, and python based automation engineering.
• Experience with typical production engineering considerations for systems scalability, cost optimizations and resilience.
• Experience in CI/CD pipelines, agile methodologies and DevSecOps styled deployments.
• Expert knowledge of Cloud DevSecOps engineering, AWS SDK, AWS Data storage/management and access management and applications configuration. • Experience in Data Organization skills, Partitioning strategies, Data retention policies for data pipeline.
• Excellent investigative skills to find root cause for AWS Cloud problems, to perform Impact analysis for proposed changes.
• Ability to identify and create detailed requirements.
• Ability to collaborate and coordinate with other contract Government resources.
• Industry experience a plus (Medicare, Medicaid, Healthcare or commercial insurance).
• Experienced with tools such as these: AWS (server & serverless services), Ansible or (Preferred) Terraform, CloudFormations, (Preferred) Python, Jenkins, (Preferred) GitHub GitOps, (Preferred) Security scanning tools (Nessus, BurpSuite, Netsparker, OWASP, etc.), IaC (Infrastructure as Code) techniques for the full stack of Dev/Data Analytics, QA tools below. Potentially others…Dev/Data Analytics, QA - SAS Viya, hadoop, airflow, AWS EMR hbase, Quicksight, Apache Ranger/Knox, AWS IAM, Ambari, Hive, Sagemaker, Zepelin, Jupyter, python stack, Databricks, Lustre, and potentially others)
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.