Leidos is hiring a Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) in our Omaha NE office. This position reports directly to the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) and is an exciting opportunity to use your experience support classified information system in an advanced computing environment. If you want to work in a diverse environment that allows you to get into every aspect of Information Assurance supporting complex computing systems, this is a great opportunity!
The ISSO primary duties will include;
- Under the direction of the Information Systems Security Manager provide support to ensure classified processing is performed within established standards.
- Assist with auditing information systems and other Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) tasks
- Under the direction of the ISSM assist with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) authorization process to include developing and maintaining artifacts for the IS Body of Evidence (BoE).
- Ensuring Configuration Management (CM) of all associated hardware, software, and security relevant functions is maintained and documented.
- Review system vulnerability scans, verify implementation of DISA STIG’s, and ensure other security relevant information system configuration tasks are completed
- Perform test/evaluation of required technical security controls including performing certification tests and periodic inspections of information systems.
- Assist with classified spills/incident response or other security-related incidents.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess and maintain a Final Top Secret/SSBI Clearance with SCI SCI eligibility
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience in development of technical documentation to include artifacts required to support Assessment & Authorization (A&A) under the Risk Management Framework
- Experience with DCSA and SAP A&A process
- Candidate must demonstrate experience interpreting and applying government security regulations such as NIST, NISPOM, JSIG, ICDs to information systems while performing basic troubleshooting methods, risk management, and information system security principles on a routine basis.
- Computing Environment (CE) certificate or certification in Windows, Linux, or similar IT technology, as defined in DoDM 8570.01, is required.
- Candidate will be required to obtain an approved DoDD 8140 (DoD 8570.01) IAT I within 6 months of hire
- Experience with security configurations across multiple operating systems in various environments, to include Windows, Linux, UNIX, utilizing Active Directory/Group Policy.
- Candidate must be highly organized and self-motivated with excellent documentation skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Candidate should be able to communicate effectively with customers and team members at all levels.
- Ability to work independently within a schedule and with little direction
- A relevant BS degree with 4 - 8 years of applicable Information Assurance or System Administration experience is required.
- Advanced DoDM 8570 certification
- Experience with DoD customers and their requirements.
- Experience with DCSA eMASS
- Experience with container management to include Kubernetes, Podman, and Docker
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.