Are you ready for a rewarding and exciting career?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you a highly motivated individual looking for an exciting opportunity to contribute to an emerging simulation and training capability for the United States Army? Look no further than the STE RVCT Program! We're seeking a skilled Technical Writer/Editor to join our Product Support development team and help us deliver top-notch operational and maintenance documentation, as well as other project deliverables to meet our contract requirements. If you're passionate about supporting our troops and have a talent for crafting clear and concise technical content, we want to hear from you. Join us in this important mission and help us make a difference for our nation's defenders – apply today!
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. From scanning for illicit material at ports and borders to predicting future events and instability up to five years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Your Main Objective:
- Gather technical and background information for inclusion in project documentation and deliverables.
- Consult with relevant information sources and Subject Matter Experts, and review other program technical documents to obtain background information.
- Review and edit documents developed by others to ensure accuracy and quality of content, organization, language, format consistency, and conformance with established standards.
- Verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing project deliverables have been accomplished.
- Work with Program technical staff to develop documentation and submit for review and approval by technical specialists and project management personnel.
- Prepare Department of Defense (DoD) Operations and Maintenance Technical Manuals in compliance with MIL-STD-40051-1C and MIL-HDBK-1222G.
- Research, prepare, and edit complex technical documents for publication, including user manuals, training materials, installation guides, proposals, and reports.
- Review, research, and edit information for preparation of contract deliverables.
- Ensure documents meet editorial and customer specifications and adhere to standards for quality, graphics, format, and style.
- Interface with other team members and subject matter experts in coordinating/preparing the edited draft for publication.
- Participate in the creation of proposals and multi-media presentation materials.
- Proofread material prepared by other team members.
- Be able to obtain a security clearance or already have an active security clearance.
What Sets You Apart (our basic qualifications):
- Minimum of four (4) years of technical writing experience working with DoD program documentation.
- Proficient English grammar skills. Ability to outline, write, and edit technical papers and documentation.
- Technical knowledge of information systems (hardware/software).
- Proficiency with desktop software such as Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Proficiency in using/implementing military standards for structured authoring (XML) in compliance with MILSTD-40051-1C/2C and MIL-STD-38784A.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills and problem-solving/decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with Department of Defense military standards, rules, and regulations pertaining to project management, documentation deliverables, government contracts, and project execution.
- Possess an understanding of Agile Scrum/Kanban project management.
- Familiarity with risk management and risk management framework.
- Familiarity with Configuration Management Process.
- Possess a task-based/schedule-driven mindset.
- Ability to meet schedule timelines.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
You Might Also Have (our preferred qualifications):
- Comprehensive knowledge of the organization’s products and services, customer requirements, purpose, structure of required documentation, and end user’s level of understanding.
- Performance Work Statements (PWS), Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs), and Data Item Descriptions (DIDs).
- Strong computer software skills and the ability to quickly adapt to new software/enterprise tools.
- Adept at using specific tools and software to perform the job (Oxygen, Notepad++, Arbor text Print Composer).
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We inspire our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We look forward to learning more about you – apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $88,125.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.