Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you a Software Engineer with over four years of hands-on experience looking for the next exciting challenge? Our dynamic team in Orlando, FL, is seeking a talented individual like you to join us! We're committed to delivering world-class solutions to our customers, and we need an exceptional professional to help us achieve our goals.
As part of our team, you'll be working in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment focused on professional growth. You'll be challenged to expand your skills in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and rewarding environment. We believe in providing our team members with opportunities to learn, grow, and succeed, and we're excited to offer you the chance to be a part of our team.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level, we want to hear from you. We can't wait to see what you can bring to our team!
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security obstacles for customers with “can’t fail” missions. From scanning for illicit material at ports and borders to predicting future events and instability up to five years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Your Main Objective:
- Works from established requirements and uses software engineering processes to develop software systems, subsystems, and system enhancements.
- Completes design and development work independently for individual software components and integrates the developed products together individually and/or at the subsystem level.
- Follows software engineering standards and assists engineers in software system or subsystem development and documentation efforts.
- Adheres to schedules and stays within established budgets.
- All aspects of the software development lifecycle, including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding, and automated testing within an Agile and Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery model.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission-critical software source code using modern software development languages and tools, such as Java.
- Design and execute maintainable code that matches specifications.
- Create automated tests leveraging a continuous integration process.
- Implement Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket/Git to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
- Create and update relevant design, development, and testing documentation and specifications.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Work to improve performance metrics through critical planning and execution of development tasks.
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant field and four (4) + years of related experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Hands-on experience with Java/C++ and object-oriented programming (applicants will be tested).
- Ability to apply software development process fundamentals in an Agile environment.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively within a multi-disciplined engineering team.
- Experience with Agile and DevSecOps concepts and best practices.
- Ability to support program execution in classified environments.
- Excellent problem-solving and analysis skills.
- Self-starter that can work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain up to a TS/SCI security clearance is needed.
You Might Also Have:
- Experience with Atlassian products (Jira, Trello, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.).
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools like Jenkins, GitLab.
- Experience with cloud computing virtualization platforms like VMware vSphere.
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes.
- Experience with automated provisioning and configuration tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or similar technologies.
- Familiarity with basic web technologies, including HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON, SOAP, and WSDL.
- Familiarity with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We inspire our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We look forward to learning more about you – apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $63,050.00 - $113,975.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.