Defense Capture Operations Lead
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you a driven professional with a passion for capture management and strategy development? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! We are seeking a Defense Capture Operations Lead to join our team to help ensure strategically and functionally strong captures to win critical contracts for Leidos Defense Group.
In this role, you will work closely with various teams, including various capture teams, the Group SVP of BD, Operational SVPs, BD VPs, Group Strategy VP, Group and Operational BD Analysts, Operation Capture Directors, Finance, Contracts, and other functions. You will also interface with Corporate Capture Operations and Excellence (CO&E) staff, Chief of Staff of the EVP of Business Development, and the Strategic Account Executive team.
Your primary responsibility will be to enable capture excellence through proper utilization of the Leidos capture WinPlan, understanding and assessment of capture health, supporting capture oversight at the Group level, and participation in workshops, strategy sessions, color reviews, etc. You will work with BD and Strategy leadership to perform analysis and management of captures.
You will provide recommendations to the VP of Capture to address capture trends/issues across Defense and support the execution of necessary mitigations. These remedies may include further capture assessment, training capture teams, providing concentrated oversight/guidance to specific captures, etc. You may also be asked to provide concentrated oversight or become the Capture Manager for captures deemed critical to the Defense Group.
In addition to these duties, you will also generate various reports to support BD/Capture/Strategy leadership in tracking and managing all capture and WinPlan activities and lifecycles.
If you're a motivated professional who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and is passionate about capture, we want to hear from you. Apply today and join our team of talented professionals!
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. From scanning for illicit material at ports and borders to predicting future events and instability up to five years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Your Main Objectives:
- The primary objective for this role is focused on hands-on support and development of capture and proposal strategies from start to finish. This includes working with capture teams to advance captures through the Leidos process of developing winning proposals and assisting capture teams with the development of win strategies that impact Leidos probability of win.
- Develop and maintain an accurate assessment of all Group priority and mid-tier captures and assist in the development, management, tracking, and execution of capture support plans. This includes meeting with capture teams to walk through status, progress, and schedules; providing oversight of critical captures; participating in capture leadership meetings; and maintaining necessary capture related reports that ensure proper tracking and reporting of all capture activities, plans, and statuses.
- Enable capture excellence through the monitoring, assessing, and supporting of proper implementation of the Leidos capture WinPlan. This includes participation in workshops, strategy sessions, and color reviews; monitoring and supporting win strategy and pre-proposal development; and conduct after action reviews for all Group priority and mid-tier captures, document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Enable the consistent and timely execution of the Leidos capture process. This includes collaboration in scheduling and preparing for capture gate reviews; providing guidance in the creation and alignment of capture/proposal schedules; driving the tracking and completion of action items for Group-level gate reviews, wall walks, and informal meetings/engagement.
- Identify the need and support the acquisition of essential resources across captures.
- Support the creation and facilitation of Group-level capture training in collaboration with Group BD/Capture leadership and Capture Operations and Excellence.
- Foster collaboration within the Defense Group and Cross-Group/Corporate teams supporting Capture.
What Sets You Apart:
- BA degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience in the US Government's procurement process
- Knowledge of Government Contractor’s proposal process and development
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, ensuring execution of customer call plans to shape acquisitions to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
- Knowledge, experience, and success in leading/supporting and winning captures
- Strong verbal communications skills and prior experience briefing executives
- Experience with developing and maintaining effective internal and external business relationships, including with customer decision-makers and industry partners
- Demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus)
- Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for capture oversight/support
- Ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen
- Willingness to travel, as necessary in support of the capture, based on negotiated work location, up to 10% per month
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
- Highly motivated and focused work ethic capable of multi-tasking and communications skills to develop, organize, facilitate, coordinate, and execute actions across the Group related to all capture related activities initiatives.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate individually with limited supervision, and establish a solid working relationship with senior management, BD/Capture staff, and peers in the Group and across Leidos.
- Willingness to continually learn and grow
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under pressure
Pay Range:Pay Range $142,350.00 - $257,325.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.