The National Airspace Systems Integration Support (NISC) program at Leidos is seeking an Electronics Engineer to provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Central Service Area - Engineering Services Group. Work locations include College Park, GA, Fort Worth, TX or Des Moines, WA.
The ideal candidate will support the daily operations of the FAA Enterprise Network Services (FENS) Program. FENS is the successor to the FAA Telecommunications Infrastructure (FTI) contract, which was implemented in 2002 to provide over 30,000 communications services to more than 4,500 facilities within the National Airspace System. The program aims to design, build, operate and maintain the FAA's next-generation communications platform and to build a dynamic, highly available and secure enterprise network to support all the agency's mission-critical applications across the NAS.
Job Duties Include:
- Evaluate existing site surveys to develop scope of work for site preparation requirements
- Conduct site surveys at remote sites for FENS site preparation requirements
- Draft site preparation scope of work for facilities based on site survey reports and facility data
- Identify FENS contract CLINs required to complete site preparation
- Develop cost estimates for site preparation
- Review contractor site prep proposals for accuracy and compliance with scope of work
- Generate ORM PRP’s for site preparation and installation of FENS equipment
- Work with SSC/TSC/AT to implement risk mitigations for FENS implementation
- Coordinate and scheduled site preparation activities with SSC/TSC/AT/FENS personnel
- Oversee site prep and installation work performed by FENS contractor
- Generate periodic status reports
- Update Corporate Work Plan (CWP) data
- Update facility drawings (red lines) for drafting
- Electronics Engineering Degree (B.S.) with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to travel 25%-50%.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Suitability. (To be eligible for the FAA Public Trust you must be a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder who has resided in the US for the past 3 years).
- Proficiency in MS Office Suites.
- Proficient working with AutoCAD or similar tools.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Assoc (NFPA) standards, National Airspace System Equipment Tower
- Knowledge of OSHA and general construction and electrical safety standards.
- Knowledge of NAS facilities such as ASR, ATCT, VOR, ARSR, RCAG.
- (NASET), National Airspace System Equipment Building (NASEB).
- Knowledge of Corporate Work Plan (CWP) 4.1.12
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $96,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.