This position will support the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) GSM-O II program, and DISA Global Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) organization. The selected candidate will provide support for defensive cyber operations activities and will be expected to actively engage with a variety of customers and mission partners in the deployment of network threat detection and mitigation measures against cyber threats.
GSM-O II provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of CSSP Customers, the COCOMS, and the DoDIN. In this role, you will lead a DCO Countermeasures team that provide support implementing, managing and maintaining SIEMs, IDS/IPS, auditing and other network monitoring systems to ensure threat detection and mitigation measures across the DoDIN, protecting from potential cyber-attacks.
- Lead collaborative engagement with Cyber Fusion and other DISA DCO sites in the development of custom signatures, blocks, and correlation logic to detect and/or mitigate adversary activity.
- Collaborate with team members and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to create and validate countermeasures in accordance with (IAW) the DoDIN boundary defense posture.
- Maintain situational awareness of cyber activity by reviewing DoD, Intelligence Community and open source reporting for new vulnerabilities, malware or other threats that have the potential to impact the DoDIN.
- Oversee SIEM SME support, ensuring content creation and correlation of security events are providing the highest level of fidelity to analysts.
- Assess the effectiveness of countermeasures on an ongoing basis and revector actions as needed to meet customer and mission need.
- Support mission-critical Continuity of Operations (COOP).
- Draft and maintain process documentation for Countermeasures team.
- Mentor and guide employees, ensuring Leidos RFIs, training and other administrative processes are completed in a timely manner.
- 8570 IAT II required to start; CSSP Analyst certification within 180 days.
- Must possess an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science or related field and 8+ years of directly relevant experience; additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Knowledgeable with YARA, Suricata, and Snort rules.
- Advanced knowledge of cyber defense technologies spanning from the endpoint to the internet access point.
- Experience leveraging the MITRE ATT&CK framework and the Cyber Kill Chain.
- Understand the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to brief senior leaders on technical concepts related to detection capabilities, network design, and rule creation.
- 4+ years leadership experience
- Understanding how enterprise endpoint and network components contribute to Threat Intelligence and adversary detection.
- Advanced Certifications such as SANS GIAC GCIA/GMON, CISSP or CASP.
- Experience working for a Cybersecurity Service Provider (CSSP) or Security Operations Center (SOC).
- Experience using a prominent Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) (ex. Splunk, Elasticsearch).
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.