The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
This position will be to setup and maintain the virtualized environments on Hyper-V (MS) for Windows and Linux servers. The position is a self-lead position to not only work incidents & outages, but the deployment/extension of the virtual architecture for both networks on windows and Linux systems.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with Hyper-V virtualization technologies and related technologies such as clustering, storage, and networking. Additionally, the candidate should have experience working with Azure, including deploying and managing virtual machines, designing, and implementing networks, and managing storage solutions.
- Responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining virtualized environments.
- Responsible for optimizing performance, ensuring high availability, and supporting various virtualization technologies to meet customer requirements on both classified and unclassified networks.
- Designs and implements virtualization solutions using validated methodologies to upgrade & maintain data center virtualization environments and Gov-Cloud environments.
- Must demonstrate expert knowledge of and ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts using Microsoft Hyper-V; Hyper-Converged Storage; Microsoft Server; Domain Controllers; and Active Directory Services.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and experience with storage technologies such as storage area networks (SAN), network-attached Storage and hyper-converged storage.
- Develop new technical solutions and systems to meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining detailed documentation of operational designs and procedures.
- Demonstrate day-to-day adherence with change management precepts and practices and is responsible for writing Change Requests and seeking approval.
- Troubleshoot and resolve unique or complex problems in an efficient manner.
- Prepare clear and timely technical documentation that explains recommended/required actions.
- Interface directly with the client and parallel teams when necessary.
- Apply DISA STIGs and resolve security vulnerabilities.
- Support operational transition of enterprise solutions into production.
- Available for on-call support and virtualization engineering expertise when operational issues or outages are escalated (as necessary)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Clearance
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience; additional experience in lieu of degree accepted.
- Minimum of five years of relevant IT work experience.
- Proficient understanding of virtualization environments such as Hyper-V technology and VMware VCenter in a hyper converged environment
- Strong knowledge of virtualization infrastructure design, implementation, and maintenance
- Hands-on experience implementing DoD STIG requirements and patch and update/vulnerability mitigation
- Strong troubleshooting skills with Microsoft and Linux OS environments
- Hands-on experience with reviewing system logs and events to resolve issues
- Demonstrated analytical approach to solve complex problems in a large-scale, and multi datacenter environment.
- Experienced with creating and managing critical system work instruction and Standard Operating Procedure documentation.
- Experience with creating and managing Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, MS Server Operating systems
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Experience using Windows Clustering
Experience using NetApp products
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $190,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.