At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse Aviation Professionals always have a multitude of career choices. Your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but also change the world. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; tuition reimbursement and more.
The High Resolution 3 Dimensional Geospatial Information (HR3DGI) Program at Leidos is seeking an Aircraft Maintenance Operations Controller. This position reports directly to the HR3DGI Aircraft Engineering & Maintenance Control Manager.
- The Sr. Maintenance Operations Controller responsibilities includes objective evaluation and review of all aircraft maintenance records and work packages to ensure completeness to meet the requirements of FAA FAR Part 91, Army regulatory requirements as well as Leidos policies to include, but not limited to;
- Safe for Flight records
- Discrepancy Sheets
- Work Orders
- Material Usage
- Phase Inspection sheets
- Provide oversight for the Maintenance Operations Control cell through collaboration with the team.
- Entry of all work packages into the Leidos Mission Management Information System (LMMIS) in a timely manner
- Create and close out Work Orders
- Creation and placement of applicable logbook entries
- Assist in tracking Scheduled Inspections and Time Between Overhaul (TBO) items
- Understand current specifications involving inspection tolerances, limitations, and procedures established by the manufacturer of the airframe, engine, propeller and appliances being maintained
- Audit to determine accurate aircraft, engine, propeller, component logs and other records pertinent to airworthiness
- Collaborate with the HR3DGI Quality Assurance and Aircraft Maintenance teams to ensure continuity of FAA, DCMA, Army, ISO, IS-BAO and Leidos requirements
- Ensure Mission Equipment Package (MEP) maintenance and inspections are in accordance with established Leidos policies, and OEM procedures or other acceptable or approved technical data
- Prepare and/or present weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports or as required
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and follow aircraft OEM technical publications
- Experience supervising lower grade employees
- Articulate communication skills
- Proficient with data entry
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Must be able to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance
- Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) certification
- 5 years aircraft maintenance and inspection experience within the last 8 years
- Basic understanding of DCMA 8210.1c and Army AR95-20
- Experience with aircraft weight and balance software and records
- Thorough understanding of aircraft records management
- Active DOD Secret Clearance
- General Aviation, Turbo prop and business jet experience
- Experience reviewing aircraft records and updating aircraft maintenance tracking software
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $98,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.