Are you ready for a rewarding career opportunity?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Looking for an exciting opportunity to put your skills to work? The Virtual division at Leidos is seeking a talented Manufacturing Planner to join our team at the Lee Vista facility in Orlando, FL. In this role, you'll play a crucial part in helping us manage the production processes of our Common Driver Trainer (CDT) and other virtual simulator programs.
As a Manufacturing Planner, you'll be responsible for coordinating with multiple departments to ensure that our manufacturing processes run smoothly. This includes a range of tasks associated with Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP), such as maintaining accurate Bills of Material (BOM), maintaining a precise part master, producing sales orders, utilizing Costpoint Material Requirements Planning (MRP), creating requisitions, developing routers, generating Manufacturing Orders (MOs), kitting material and issuing material to MOs, backfilling shortages, expediting material, conducting inventory transactions in Costpoint, implementing engineering changes notices (ECNs) to the BOM, shipping material, and conducting cycle counts for inventory accuracy.
In this role, you'll work closely with a number of key stakeholders, including the site Program Manager, Engineering, Configuration Manager, Inventory Control, Production Manager, Quality, Procurement, Accounting, and Finance personnel. You'll perform multiple manufacturing transactions within Costpoint, and you'll have the opportunity to make a real impact on our production processes. If you're a results-driven professional passionate about manufacturing, we want to hear from you. Apply today!
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security obstacles for customers with “can’t fail” missions. From scanning for illicit material at ports and borders to predicting future events and instability up to five years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Your Main Objective:
- Use Costpoint Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system to create purchase requisitions and manufacturing orders.
- Provide management status of work in progress, inventory availability, and potential schedule impacts.
- Assist Configuration Manager to ensure released Manufacturing Bills of Material (BOM) are released and accurate to drive requirements to procurement and manufacturing processes.
- Plan Buy material to be purchased and plan Make material to be assembled in-house.
- Expedite material to meet production schedules.
- Receive and stock material into inventory and transact in Costpoint
- Kit Manufacture Orders (MOs) and deliver MO and material to the Production Manager
- Track MO shortages and backfills once material is available in inventory.
- Attend Material Review Board meetings for Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) for material review and evaluation of engineering drawings.
- Work closely and communicate with the Production Manager for Make material to relay material shortages and other risks that may impact the production build schedule.
- Prioritize movement of material from receiving to production to meet contracted delivery schedules.
- Analyze and consolidate data from the MRP system to track and analyze pertinent metrics and recommend improvements to be more efficient.
- Perform inventory transactions such as creating routers, shipping, receiving, issuing, transfer, scrap, and cycle count transactions as needed.
- Work with the Program Manager to establish and create the Sales Order.
- Evaluate production schedule, execute MRP to the plan, and develop work-around plans to preserve schedule and reduce program costs.
- Work closely with Program Manager, Engineering, Configuration Manager, Inventory Control, Production Manager, Quality, Procurement, Accounting, and Finance.
- Coordinate with the Manager in resolving production planning and control issues.
- Participate in program meetings.
- Maintain a 99% inventory accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
What Sets You Apart:
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to be productive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work self-directed while making key decisions that impact the larger manufacturing team.
- Strong analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of assembly and production processes.
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, & presentation).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Experience using Deltek Costpoint MRP/ERP systems.
- Experience in material planning & execution in the manufacturing industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or five (5)+ years of directly related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and be challenged by a team-based environment that places a high degree of emphasis on accountability for quality, inventory management, and cost reduction.
- Demonstrated knowledge of change management and conflict resolution.
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We inspire our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We look forward to learning more about you – apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $48,750.00 - $88,125.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.