Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading! The Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Joint Close Air Support SME to join our team at the Joint Staff Suffolk (VA.) Complex, where you'll play a key role in supporting the Joint Staff J6 Joint Fires Integration Division.
- As a JCAS Standardization Team Member, support up to 6 Service, Combatant Command, or Partner Nation program assessment trips per year. Duration 1 – 2 weeks at various CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Responsible for pre-trip planning and coordination; evaluate operational capabilities, applicable training curricula, documentation; and validate adherence to procedures as directed
- Draft post evaluation reports that include recommendations regarding accreditation as appropriate, based on compliance with Joint Mission Task List and the JCAS Memoranda of Understanding
- Also conduct Joint Fire Support and Close Air Support Simulation System Assessments to determine if a particular device facilitates qualification task training
- Perform planning, coordination, execution, and production of agendas, associated briefings, papers, and minutes for approximately 8 Joint Fire Support Fire Support Executive Steering Committee (JFS ESC) Meetings per year
- Provide necessary knowledge and expertise to support development of the biennial JFS ESC Action Plan
- Assist in the planning, coordination, and execution of the annual Joint Fire Support Symposium and JCAS Program Review
- Support revision and execution of 3 JFS ESC Memoranda of Understanding (JTAC, FAC(A), JFO)
- Support the development and revision of Joint Doctrine for Joint Fire Support, Close Air Support, and Interdiction and similar Multiservice Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (MTTP) and NATO doctrine publications
- Bachelors Degree an minimum 10 years’ experience, with at least 5 years’ prior operational military experience in Joint Close Air Support or Joint Fire Support-related mission areas. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree .
- Current SECRET Clearance and eligibility for TOP SECRET-SCI
- Current or previously qualified CAS aircrew (in aircraft such as A-10, F-16, F/A-18) or JTAC (USAF Weapons School Graduate, USMC Weapons and Tactics Instructor or other Service equivalent)
- Knowledge of staff planning, coordination, and execution of assigned tasks
- Strong communication skills. Highly developed abilities to research, write, and prepare information papers, reports, briefing materials and other products as directed
- Knowledge of planning, coordinating, and monitoring military operations, with an emphasis on integration and interoperability issues as they apply to joint and combined warfare
- High degree of originality and resourcefulness to deal effectively with wide ranging responsibilities
- Diplomacy required to effectively represent Joint Staff J6 to diverse US and Partner Nation organizations
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.