We are currently seeking a skilled Platform Security Engineer to support a civilian agency's Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) in a hybrid multi-cloud hosting environment. As a Platform Security Engineer, you will be at the forefront of our agency's cloud security initiatives, ensuring that our systems remain compliant with federal security standards and best practices. This role demands an understanding of the complexities and nuances of a hybrid multi-cloud environment, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of security controls in accordance with federal guidelines (e.g., 800-53Rev5 and M-22-09).
- Collaborate with system owners, developers, and other stakeholders to ensure secure system design and operation.
- Conduct regular security assessments, audits, and penetration tests.
- Develop, update, and maintain System Security Plans (SSPs), Security Control Traceability Matrices (SCTMs), and other security documentation.
- Monitor the hybrid multi-cloud environment for potential security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Provide guidance on risk management and incident response.
- Stay updated with the latest security trends, threats, and mitigation techniques.
- Coordinate with the agency CIO and other security personnel to enhance the security posture of the environment.
- Facilitate continuous monitoring and periodic reporting to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA) of 2002 and 2014, OMB Circular A-130 Appendix III, HSPD, NIST standards, and FedRAMP requirements.
- Regularly collaborate with the enterprise security team, participate in security meetings, and provide insights.
- 12 Oversee the security of cloud-based and traditional hosting environments ensuring they achieve either a FISMA moderate or FISMA high rating.
- Timely application of security patches and ensure all administrator access is Two-Factor Level 4 Compliant as per NIST SP 800-63-2.
- Monitor the Cybersecurity Scorecard Framework (CSF) score and take necessary actions to align with the agency's risk appetite.
- Collaborate with the agency’s SOC for security event monitoring and reporting.
- Promptly report any data security breaches, ensuring compliance with OMB M-06-19 requirements.
- Oversee vulnerability management, including regular system scans, patch management, and mitigation.
- Implement and maintain risk management strategies
- Familiarity with Cyber Security Assessment and Management (CSAM), including documentation and maintenance of controls under NIST SP 800-53 Rev. 5
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or a related field.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in federal information system security as security lead for complex systems that either have a high FIPS 199 categorization or High Value Asset (HVA)
- Active certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM or CCSP are required.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- DMV location preferred
- Proven experience in risk management, and hands-on experience in identifying, analyzing, monitoring, and mitigating risks.
- Solid understanding of the Federal Information Security Modernization Act (FISMA), OMB regulations, Homeland Security Presidential Directives (HSPD), and NIST standards.
- Proficiency in vulnerability management, including patch management, regular system scanning, and mitigation.
- Ability to work closely with internal and external organizational bodies for security monitoring and reporting.
- Strong background in ensuring the security of cloud-based and traditional hosting environments, with a focus on achieving FISMA ratings.
- Prior experience with Two-Factor Level 4 Compliance, in line with NIST Special Publication 800-63-2.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.