Leidos, Inc has an opening for a Lead Analyst, Small Business Diverse Supplier Program and Sustainability to join our team! As a member of the Corporate Small Business Diverse Supplier Program and Sustainability team, you will support the development and execution of comprehensive strategies for small and diverse supplier engagement for the Federal sector, Local Government and Municipalities and Commercial Marketplaces. This role works collaboratively across the organization and with the Leidos subsidiaries to create in roads and help provide subject matter expertise engaging all areas of the Leidos Supply Chain Organization to include supply chain operations, strategic sourcing, materials operations and supply chain sustainability. In this role, you will have the opportunity to support and assist with the development of small business and sustainability strategies supporting our capture and proposal teams, business development, mentor protégé programs, research and innovation and technology transfer. Work collaboratively to create a workplace environment supporting innovations, creativity and transformation of the methodologies and processes employed to achieve organizational objectives.
Our customers desire transformation, innovation, collaboration, and solid, consistent performance meeting and exceeding small business goal targets for services provided in both the Government, Local, and Private Sector. Over the years Leidos has had an award-winning Small Business Diverse Supplier program, historically receiving multiple Nunn-Perry awards from the Department of Defense (DOD), National Aeronautic Space Administration (NASA) and the Small Business Administration’s Small Business Advocate of the Year Award, in addition to other award granting entities.
Meeting customer requirements for small/diverse business utilization is a business imperative and core component of the Leidos culture, where inclusion is one of our core values. As an organization, Leidos believes small and diverse business concerns enhance our ability to deliver next level solutions. Our Small Business Diverse Supplier program continues to evolve in pace with ever-changing customer demands and an increasing corporate commitment to promote small diverse business equity within the Leidos supplier base and lower-tier subcontracting whenever possible. The Small Business Diverse Supplier Program & Sustainability fall under the Supply Chain Resiliency and Transformation Organization within the Leidos Supply Chain. It’s an exciting time to join!
- Under the direction of the Associate Director of Small Business Diverse Supplier Program SBLO, support small and diverse business strategy integration and objectives within Leidos.
- Collaborate with the SBDSP team and internal stake holders to:
- Develop operational plans to advance small and diverse subcontracting, teaming, sourcing, mentoring, and utilization objectives.
- Collaborate with various internal organizations including business development, operations, contracts, and DE&I to develop and implement strategic initiatives to achieve program objectives.
- Provide advisory support to the development of Small Business Subcontracting Plans including Individual Subcontracting Plans (ISP) and Small Business Participation Plans and Small Business Participation Commitment Documents (SBPCD).
- Actively participate in and organize internal and external events to promote small and diverse supplier objectives.
- Work closely with Business Development and Proposal Managers to ensure all SB and Diverse supplier sections (to include past performance data, Small Business Participation documentation and/or Subcontracting Plans, etc) are accurately completed, meet, and exceed the evaluation criteria and requirements are met.
- Provide effective market research assistance relevant to identifying and selecting SB concerns meeting requirements pre-identified qualifications for procurement, programs, and proposal personnel.
- Support SB eSRS reporting, Individual Subcontract Reports (ISR), Summary Subcontract Reports (SSR) reporting activities and collaborate cross-functionally for final reviews and eSRS submission.
- Support SB outreach activities to include counseling potential suppliers to learn how to do business with the Company and assists in providing access to opportunities.
- Assist in representing Leidos with Government Agencies including, but not limited to DOD and Civilian Government components, state and local agencies, local Chambers of Commerce, national and regional purchasing councils, and other organizations in person and virtually.
- Build positive relationships and credibility with diverse advocacy and community-based organizations as well as other professional organizations.
- Lead and support strategic initiatives for Leidos Corporate Small Business Supplier Diversity program.
- Promotes the utilization of small business concerns for the attainment of prime contract small business goals and ensuring compliance with small business subcontracting regulations.
- Assist in maintaining internal and external communication venues and supplier diversity email boxes.
- Develop and execute training plans to gain and maintain program adoption and to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Travel: 10-25% (CONUS)
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of relevant experience in the same or similar roll with a large business prime contractor. Experience in a US Government purchasing environment is preferred. Or 15 years relevant experience without a bachelor’s degree.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Costpoint. Knowledge of Federal business and proposal development cycles and Shipley or similar proposal development style.
- Demonstrated small and diverse business advocacy experience in a government contracting entity or similar corporate environment.
- Experience with eSRS reporting, Individual Subcontract Reports (ISR), Summary Subcontract Reports (SSR) and other Federal small business reporting mechanisms such as CPARs, CPEAs, CDRLs and SLAs.
- Demonstrated experience preparing Small Business Subcontracting Plans and Small Business Participation Plans
- Knowledge of Costpoint, SharePoint, database reporting tools and Oracle Business Intelligence
- Knowledge of Shipley or similar proposal development processes and strategies
- Experience with Agency based Mentor Protégé Programs, SBIR and STTR programs
- Experience with Supply Chain Sustainability and Environmental Social and Governance programs relating to the supply chain.
- Basic understanding of the government acquisition process and knowledge of FAR, DFAR, NASA and other Federal agency supplements.
- Work experience with DOD, NASA or Civilian Agencies.
- Experience with small business diverse supplier advocacy groups.
- Active-duty military experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.