Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a Web Developer to support an enterprise IT program located near Richmond, Virginia. The selected candidate will join a team of two others to support to perform Operations and Maintenance (O&M) and development activities for websites and applications developed by the client’s team, adhering to prioritization set by the client’s management. This includes assessments and consultations on the design of Java web tools, O&M of existing applications, server management, and development of new applications – applications reside in physical environments and the client’s cloud environment.
A current and active TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph is required for this position. We do not have the ability to sponsor clearance processing for this role.
The Web Developer will perform a range of duties, including but not limited to:
- Working closely with project manager, development team, information system security manager while following guidance and prioritization established by the client’s project manager.
- Providing occasional on call duty as needed.
- Assessing and validating software requirements across the client’s organization.
- Providing architectural design and web development support to meet web application requirements.
- Participating in software design discussions and recommending implementation of the tools, technologies and techniques.
- Redesigning the existing Web, Software and/or SharePoint applications to add new features, optimize, scale or improve stability and performance.
- Creating, managing, and maintaining software systems in AWS.
- Providing O&M and content management support for client’s Web, software and SharePoint Sites.
- Working within Agile project management methodologies.
- A current and active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of experience or a Master’s degree with 10+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience developing, deploying, and maintaining software applications and systems.
- Demonstrated experience identifying and validating requirements for SharePoint sites, Software and/or Web sites.
- Demonstrated experience working in cloud AWS architecture.
- Demonstrated experience adding new features, optimizing, scaling, or improving stability and performance of applications, SharePoint and/or Web.
- Experience with MySQL or equivalent (Postgres, SQL), developing complex data models, optimizing queries, and using Object Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks such as TypeORM for typescript.
- Demonstrated experience with software application development.
- Demonstrated experience with Web development.
- Demonstrated experience as a programming with HTML.
- Demonstrated experience Java Spring/Spring boot.
- Demonstrated experience with WordPress.
- Demonstrated experience developing and administering Windows based applications.
- Demonstrated experience developing and administering Linux applications.
- Demonstrated experience with client’s applications at this location, to include the visitor request system and student record management systems.
- Demonstrated experience with SharePoint Administration.
- UI/UX expertise, CSS frameworks (Material, Bootstrap, etc.)
- Experience with caching systems such as Redis, Memcache
- Expert proficiency with software design patterns and best practices (singleton, decorator, decoupling, domain-driven).
- Experience with ground-up redesign and development of a full-stack web application using Angular and NestJS, along with RDS MySql, SE, EC2.
- Self-starter who works well under limited guidance and well with ambiguity.
- Strong critical thinking skills, test-driven development, and object-oriented solid development foundation.
Pay Range:Pay Range $105,300.00 - $190,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.