Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking an experienced Systems Engineer to support an enterprise IT program located near Richmond, Virginia. The selected candidate will join a team of 6 who are supporting a client’s conferencing and training facility and its IT needs. Efforts will include collaboration to develop, implement and maintain systems for training facilities. The team shall perform a variety of engineering analysis, software, hardware/network development, integration, testing, and system maintenance tasks. This work will require occasional performance at heights, indoors and/or outdoors.
A current and active TS/SCI security clearance with Polygraph is required for this position. We do not have the ability to sponsor clearance processing for this role.
The Engineering team focuses on systems engineering, providing IT system performance analysis, requirements engineering and management, testing and evaluation for successful system development, design, implementation, operational maintenance, and decommission services for the customer network and internet. The Engineering team’s efforts include providing continuous lifecycle engineering services and support to advanced, complex technical projects utilizing state of the art technical production hardware and software applications, seeking especially new and innovative approaches to solving problems and ensuring timely delivery of the product. Occasional weekend, evening, and holiday work may be required as needed.
The team will ensure compliance with approved system engineering methods and quality standards, reviewing existing processes and developing solutions to increase productivity. The team will identify duplicative capabilities, including technology, process, and system gaps, identifying risks and issues and suggesting mitigations and eliminations. The team will support the client’s requirements for the utilization of the LAN/Network systems for internet facing and internal systems in support of mission essential training. The team shall support tasks to design, analyze, install, manage, and configure advanced LAN and network systems to include internet facing systems, supporting mission essential training systems specific to this location. As part of these responsibilities, the team will provide network engineering services for audio visual production control systems, support tasks to design program formats for final outputs – such as capturing and importing data – and maintaining documentation such as architecture diagrams, CONOPS plans, requirements, and test plans.
- A current and active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
- A Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of experience or a Master’s degree with 10+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the design, configuration, optimization of engineering projects and networks such as WAN and LAN systems for mission essential training.
- Demonstrated experience providing system engineering services for Windows environments.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining LANs.
- Demonstrated experience diagnosing, analyzing and testing system problems.
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining system documentation.
- Demonstrated experience using analytical and conceptual skills to create original concepts and theories.
- Demonstrated experience networking LAN systems as well as internet facing systems.
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and conveying technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated experience interconnecting network systems.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of network performance, capacity, security settings and security approval.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively as a team with LAN and WAN, Installation for successful project delivery.
- Demonstrated experience programming and troubleshooting CISCO Network devices.
- Demonstrated on the job experience with troubleshooting hardware components such as network cards, memory, or hard drives.
- Demonstrated on the job experience with software products such as operating systems, applications, or device drivers.
- Demonstrated experience designing wireless networks.
- Demonstrated experience installing and programming wireless network.
- Demonstrated experience with the client’s policies and process for end-of-life hardware or software decommission.
- Demonstrated experience with design tools and Visio.
- Demonstrated on the job experience with electrical and power needs of IT equipment.
- Demonstrated experience providing engineering services in support of production tools in support of the applications customized for client’s use.
- Demonstrated experience with Extron and Shure.
- Demonstrated experience with maintaining current working knowledge of new technology, legacy equipment, modems, CSUs, and patch panels.
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting strong customer service attitude and focus.
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing, and maintaining systems for the client’s training facilities.
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.