Are you a technical hands on leader looking for an opportunity to apply both your technical know how and your team leading savvy to an established DoD mission critical program? We have just the opportunity!
Leidos is seeking an IT Service Desk Lead to support the NORAD and USNORTHCOM (N & NC) Network Operations and Maintenance (N2NOMS) contract. The Service Desk Lead is responsible for overseeing Tier 1 and 2 personnel who support the NORAD/USNORTHCOM (NNC) network. In this role, you will lead the team, in troubleshooting and problem solving, using on-the-job experience, documentation (SOPs), knowledge-based articles, deployed network and IT management tools. You will also manage schedules to ensure optimal coverage, address personnel issues that may arise from time to time, and help to maintain your team's morale.
Clearance is Required: You must hold a current Secret Clearance and be eligible to obtain TS/SCI to qualify.
Location: Colorado Springs, Peterson Space Force Base (SFB); all work is performed on site.
Salary Target: $80,000 – 85,000
What will you do in this role?
• Supervise Service Desk colleagues, managing workload and resource availability to guarantee delivery of service. Lead, support and guide the work of 11 IT Service Desk members.
• Support and address the day-to-day service request and incidents, overseeing the effectiveness of Service Desk knowledge and skills.
• Identify and Implement process improvements with the Service Operations Manager; provide regular feedback regarding opportunities / recommendations for process improvements on IT department operations.
• Employ continual improvement processes to effectively measure and enhance NNC Service Desk Operations performance, productivity, knowledge, and profitability based on N & NC Service Desk performance metrics.
• Act as the team’s champion, offering specialized advice and support for IT-related issues, while providing customers with the best possible service and conveying a sincere willingness to support a broad range of service requests.
• Enforce standards implemented by the Service Ops Manager, and applies these to track, monitor, report, resolve or escalate issues.
• Contribute to the creation of support documentation.
• Maintain hardware and peripherals: Responsible for upgrading and replacing end-user devices; proper documentation and asset inventory
• Submit and maintain account access for all tools used at the Service Desk.
• Meet SLA standards: Close tickets in a timely manner, while upholding customer service standards; understand and function within Service and Operation Level Agreements with customers and resolution groups.
• Work accurately and confidently with service desk tools and technology, and demonstrate familiarity with ITIL and ITSM platform, remote access tools, knowledge resources.
• Assess current processes and improvements which includes but is not limited to help desk ticket system, on-boarding / off-boarding employees, archival of data, etc.
• Manage Service Desk queue and conduct quality control on tickets.
• Work with Tier 3 Subject Matter Experts to improve Tier 1 Service Desk troubleshooting and standard operating procedures.
• Develop training plans and conduct training of NNC Service Desk IT technicians on all shifts.
• Develop standards, and apply these to track, monitor, report, resolve or escalate issues.
• Act as an escalation point for team members, taking opportunities to coach and guide investigation for complex incidents, seeking resolution as necessary.
• Work accurately and confidently with service desk tools and technology, familiar with ITIL and ITSM platform, remote access tools, knowledge resources.
These are the Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree and 4 years, Associate's Degree and 6 years or High School Diploma and 8 years' experience; equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree..
• 4 years of Service Desk experience.
• 2 years of experience in an IT leadership role.
• Active DoD Secret with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Active CompTIA Security+CE certification.
• Current ITIL Foundations Certification OR ability to obtain within 90 days of hire.
• Able to lead an IT technical team/support staff.
• Possess proven leadership skills with the ability to coach team members.
• Demonstrate understanding and experience with NIPRNet.
• Demonstrate understanding and experience with SIPRNet.
• Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication, including the ability to confidently present to all levels of management.
• Knowledge of and experience in applying ITIL principles and standards to improve incident resolution and customer service standards.
• Demonstrate ability to effectively influence and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders.
• Able to work after hours, weekends, and holidays if needed.
• Possess strong working knowledge of computer networks, servers, and operating systems.
• Demonstrate ability to identify trends and provide feedback to the Service Operations Manager.
These are the Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical major. (Information Technology, Communications)
• 6 months or more with a Ticket management System experience.
• Experience in briefing Senior Leaders or public speaking
• ITIL v4 Intermediate, CompTIA A+
• Extensive experience in capturing performance KPIs and metrics
• Experience in providing leadership within a DoD T environment.
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts.
• Familiarity with DOD regulations and directives.
Pay Range:Pay Range $59,150.00 - $106,925.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.