Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Engineering has an opportunity for a Principal/Senior Transmission Planning Engineer to join our Transmission/Distribution planning team for our Orlando, Florida area. The position may be suitable for an experienced T/D engineer transitioning that can lead in T/D planning activities. The growth potential of this position is significant for the right candidate.
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Mission Leidos Engineering is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Power Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career. Share your resume with us today!
- The position will involve some degree of client facing work in a seller-doer model. Some sales and business development activities will be expected, and growth potential is significant for the right candidate.
- Build and maintain client relationships, assist with expanding the current client base and contribute to the growth and expansion of Transmission Planning consulting services.
- Conduct power system analysis, including load flow, stability, short circuit and electromagnetic transients
- Utilize accepted analytical tools such as PSS/E, PSLF, ASPEN, CAPE and PSCAD are highly desirable.
- Comply with transmission regulatory policies such as: FERC Open Access Transmission Tariff issues, NERC reliability standards, including Generator Interconnection Application (LGIA and SGIA) and associated study procedures.
- Perform power-flow, short-circuit, and stability studies of the transmission systems
- Assess study results to identify future needs for system improvements
- Perform studies required to ensure compliance with NERC Reliability Standards and Transmission Planning Criteria
- Perform generator interconnection studies and identify system upgrades or additions for developers
- Work with design and engineering groups/consultants on required small/large Transmission Planning projects
- Prepares communications, and presentations and provides support at meetings
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering is required with a minimum of eight (8+) plus years of relevant Planning and Analysis experience either with an electric utility or with an electric utility consulting company
- Must have experience functioning in a technical role in transmission studies and QAQC of client deliverables
- Must possess strong written, interpersonal and presentation communication skills
- Must be a team player and provide leadership to other team members
- Must be able to work collaboratively with many different people with diverse backgrounds and geographic locations.
You Might Also Have:
- A power systems background including a thorough understand of transmission planning and NERC reliability standards
• Experience with common industry analytical tools such as PSS/E, PSLF, PowerGEM TARA, PROMOD, GRIDVIEW, ASPEN
• An understanding of the planning processes within utilities and RTOs/ISOs, including reliability and economic/broader benefit analyses
• An understanding of transmission policy and regulatory issues
• Ability to coordinate activities with multiple internal and external SMEs to drive the completion of a comprehensive set of transmission analyses to identify cost-effective and competitive transmission solutions
Leidos Engineering is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.