Leidos is a worldwide defense, intelligence, homeland security and advanced technology company. Our program GSM-O is a United States Government program chartered to provide support to the Defense Information System Network and associated networking capabilities. The Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) acts as the provider of these services to its customers the Department of Defense and national security organizations.
We are looking for highly motivated, driven, capable candidates to join our GSM-O team! The following areas are looking for qualified interns:
* Network Engineering
* Circuit Activations
* Trouble Management
* Configuration Management
* Performance Management
* Network Operations
* System Security Administration
* Network Maintenance
* Systems Administration to include desktop support
* Software Development
Positions focus around various areas of the network operations support functions including:
- Demonstrated experience in many of the following tools: Atlassian products, Jenkins Pipeline, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS EKS/Azure AKS.
- Demonstrated experience working within a software development team and supporting developers and developer activities.
- Demonstrated experience with scripting Languages including Python and Unix shell Scripting.
- Support software deployments, cloud infrastructure baselines, and operational availability of production systems.
- Managing, building, configuring, administering, operating, and maintaining all components that comprise the SecDevOps environment.
- Defining enterprise Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment processes and best practices
- Help to codify SecDevOps best practices for the enterprise.
- Developing and maintaining scripts to automate tool deployment to an AWS cloud environment and other tasks.
- Scripting and maintaining build environments.
- Working with project teams to integrate their projects into the SecDevOps environment.
Required Skills and Education:
* Current enrollment in a Master’s-granting program in a relevant discipline is required for consideration.
* Familiarization with IT and Computer networking concepts (Java, Python, Machine Learning, SecDevOps principles)
* Ability to perform statical correlation, perform analysis, assess trends. Interact with a development team, customers and other teams when responding to customer tasking.
* Ability to obtain a Secret or Top Secret clearance; Interim Secret required to start (selected candidates will be sponsored for required clearance)
* Must be a US Citizen to qualify
* Local colleges nearby Scott AFB Illinois (STL Metro area) need only apply
* Work performed will be split between Scott AFB, Illinois and Telework.
* Must have own transportation to enter Scott AFB Illinois
* Obtaining a CompTIA Security+ certification (or IAT Level II equivalent) may be required for subsequent engagement periods and/or full-time employment upon graduation
Pay Range:Pay Range $53,300.00 - $96,350.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.