Are you ready to take on a challenge in helping protect the U.S. through Missile Defense? Leidos has opportunities now for a Development Lead looking for meaningful and innovative work.
The work includes trade studies, system engineering, model based system engineering, portfolio analysis, software development demonstration and product testing and deployment to Cheyenne Mountain. Leidos is focused on finding the best people, processes, and tools that will provide solutions in data integration and fusion, data analytics, data mining, predictive analytics, data visualization, and decision support tools.
- Directly supervise a team of software developers
- Lead the planning and coordination efforts of the software developers to identify, develop and execute sprint tests on developed software and demonstration capabilities
- Perform bug testing and regression testing in support of software deployment delays to ensure system suitability for operational use
- Coordinate all cybersecurity testing for software releases and sprints
- Align development testing activities with the Government validated requirements and any revisions
- Provide any software testing results to Government and third party contractors or stakeholders as required
- Participate in peer reviews of artifacts produced as a requirement in an increment
- Identify and report software or program management issues and/or risks
- Manage software repository breakout through internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate stakeholders to support editing and developing of software artifacts
- Work with the Scheduler to develop and maintain a software development and testing schedule that describes incremental capability deliveries using agile practices
- Participate in technical meetings with all stakeholders
- Actively participate in Sprint Planning Meetings at the beginning of every sprint following completion of the previous sprint review
- Bachelor’s with 8-12 years of experience or Masters with 6-8 years of experience; additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
- Currently possess a Secret clearance
- Experience with Java, Java runtime, JRE, C++
- Extensive experience working with development teams in creating automated testing and conducting software testing
- Experience with missile warning and missile warning defense
- Master's degree in associated field
- Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
- Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
Past experience in Command and Control Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), Global Data Integration (GDI), or other key missile defense programs or areas
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.