The Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a windows Server Administrator to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) The ideal candidate will support Second Level Engineering by providing technical expertise to the Beacon & Terminal Surveillance Team. The National Airspace System (NAS) systems include related test, data, and development server systems. Leidos will be responsible for supporting the implementation of hardware and software modifications and maintenance of new and existing operational systems.
- Automation and scripting
- Monitoring/Maintenance of Servers
- Windows Domain Administration
- Active Directory Administration
- Track user account creation, changes, and deletions.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Utilize WSUS
- Manage IIS and DNS
- Database Management (PostgreSQL)
- Maintaining and updating network configurations
- Evaluating proposed software and Windows configuration functional and non-functional requirements for impact to existing information systems
- Developing and implementing maintenance procedures, standard operating procedures, and security baselines
- Install, configure, and maintain various types of hardware and software
- Providing support to ensure assigned NAS systems comply with agency ISS standards and policies within the scheduled milestones and respond to security data calls
- Providing analytical and technical security recommendations to other team members, oversight organizations, and stakeholders to help specify security requirements
- Providing risk analysis for vulnerabilities, incidents, and change requests
- Recommending security enhancements
- Providing recommendations related to the design, development, and integration of automated software and hardware solutions
- Providing first line support for any information technology issues and problems for NAS systems
- Providing assistance by phone, email, in person and track issues to resolution
- Participating in all phases of risk management assessments for information systems
- Managing interconnections with other NAS systems
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders for implementation projects and requirements gathering
- Bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of experience in Windows and SQL Server Administration. Additional years of experience can be substituted for education.
- MCSE or MCSA
Must have the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. To qualified for FAA Public Trust you must be a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder who has resided in the US for the past 3 years.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.