Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Submarine ASW Trainer and Testing Analyst, supporting multiple US Navy programs, located in Bethesda MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. You will get to work with state-of-the art technology developing the most sophisticated and “game changing” trainers the US Navy deploys. You will be part of a brilliant team, in a constant learning environment, on a long running program, performing work that has a major impact, with access to additional pay options. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
You will develop and evaluate training programs for the submarine community of the US Navy utilizing Leidos’ SMMTT, COAET, SET, or other trainers. You will be a training subject matter expert and be responsible for supporting the development, testing, and delivery of acoustic training systems for Advanced Processor Build (APB) deliveries to the US Navy's A-RCI program. Your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
• Participate in systems engineering activities for high fidelity, supercomputing based, acoustic trainers. These activities include one or more of the following: Learning Objective and Course Content Creation; Concept of Operations Formulation; Requirements Definition, Analysis and Engineering; System Architecting; System Analysis and Design; Interface and Data Architectures Definition; System Integration and Test; Validation and Verification; System Installation; System and Operational Performance Analysis; Lifecycle Cost Analysis and Estimation; and Decision Analysis and Resolution.
• Evaluate and test trainer capabilities
• Interact with internal developers as well as external tactical development team members, US Navy schoolhouse personnel, and military and civilian DoD customers to ensure that trainer requirements are captured and designed into the trainers
• Participate in the installation of training systems
• Train the trainers responsible for operating the training systems
Travel is required to test sites and Navy schoolhouses, and will account for about 25% of the job.
Required Education and Experience:
• B.S./B.A. with an ASW-related officer tour, or high school diploma with 8+ years of work experience obtained through prior military experience.
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
• Must have specific subject matter expertise in ARCI or AN/BQQ-10 Sonar system operations.
• Must be comfortable working directly with software developers and conducting software testing.
• Must be able to utilize Microsoft Windows and Office products in support of day to day tasking.
• Military experience in Undersea Warfare as a submarine fast attack or guided missile submarine acoustic operator (STS), or junior officer
• Acoustic Intelligence experience
• Software testing experience
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with Atlassian Products
Pay Range:Pay Range $75,400.00 - $136,300.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.