The NISC program at Leidos currently has an opening for an Engineering Technician (Level 2) to work in the FAA Staging Facility in Independence, MO. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the National Airspace System Integration Support mission.
This position will provide technical support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) throughout the Central Service Area.
Duties Include but not Limited to:
- Constructing components racks; may troubleshoot and correct malfunctions to fabricate and assemble a wide variety of electronic subassemblies.
- Operate standard metal shop equipment such as, but not limited to, welding equipment, manual and hydraulic shears and punches, manual breaks, drill press, hand tools, powder coating equipment and paint spray equipment.
- Interpret running sheets, technical data books, electronic principals and theory, electrical/mechanical prints, and engineering drawings.
- Adapt existing techniques, select electronic components, and arrange mechanical layout to meet engineering specifications for prototype, design, and development projects.
- Select, install, and solder electronic components on printed circuit boards; cut and form various wires and harnesses; distinguish different wire size, colors, component color; test, sort and inspect small parts.
- Operate a pallet jack or forklift to move sub-assembly and electronics housings and equipment racks.
- Prepare Daily Activity Log.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent and minimum 1 year of prior relevant experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to Obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Occasionally - Climbing
- Often - Stooping, Kneeling, Reaching, Standing, Sitting, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Talking, Hearing, Seeing
- Lifting/Moving Requirements - Minimum of up to 35 pounds
Pay Range:Pay Range -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.