The 1901 Group at Leidos seeks a Network Engineer to support the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Information Management Services & Support (IMSS) program. Candidate will be responsible for supporting all network infrastructure including installation, modification, maintenance, testing, and servicing of customer network equipment. Work activities will require solving complex problems with ingenuity and creativity and will involve evaluating and recommending new technologies.
This position requires clear communication with internal team members and across multiple task areas and clients, as well as external organizations (e.g., sub-contractors, vendors, etc.). The position also works to influence project/team leaders regarding solution design, process and/or approaches to continuously improve and modernize the customer’s network infrastructure.
- Ensure management of the customer’s network environment including ZScaler, Wide Area Network (WAN), Local Area Networks (LAN), VoIP/VTC, firewalls and load balancers.
- Perform moves, adds, changes, and deletes on network production equipment.
- Interact with carrier network, voice, and data providers as required to support troubleshooting of issues, coordinate changes, and develop strategic improvements.
- Ensure security of the network through adherence to security standards and device configuration in accordance with FTC security requirements.
- Use customer ticket management solution (ServiceNow) to log and track all activities.
- Review and monitor the state of the network environment. React with urgency to identified environmental issues.
- Perform routine patching and maintenance of all network switches, routers, firewalls, and network monitoring tools.
- Develop and maintain documentation describing the network environment including, but not limited to, architecture diagrams, design documents, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and tracking lists including IP addresses and other information necessary to accurately maintain the network environment.
- Adhere to the customer’s change management process. Ensure all changes are well documented with test plans, architecture and design documentation, roll-back plans, and any other documentation required by the change process.
- Support tickets as assigned that will include, but not be limited to; switch/router upgrades and troubleshooting, circuit troubleshooting, network management systems configuration, enterprise wireless management, load balancer configuration, firewall configuration
- Support asset tracking of network assets and maintain accurate inventory of the environment.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Work as part of a team to identify and resolve complex problems,
- Recommend changes that may improve overall network reliability including technology and process.
- Serve as a member of the on-call and after-hours support rotation.
- Support after hours and weekend network maintenance activities.
- Work onsite at customer site in Washington, D.C. at least two days per business week, 8 AM – 5 PM Eastern. Up to 60% remote work is allowable with flexibility to support maintenance activities and unplanned events (infrequent).
- Support strategic improvements to the network environment including the migration of components and services to the cloud.
- Ensure achievement of relevant program Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Attend technical and recurring status meetings as required.
- Oversee physical cable and plant management activities including running and tracing cables and wires.
- Support FTC’s procurement process, obtaining and providing quotes for equipment and services as required.
- BS degree in a technical domain and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience will be acceptable in lieu of a degree.
- CompTIA Security+ certification or (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate – Security (CCNA Security) or GIAC Certified Perimeter Protection Analyst (GPPA)
- Experience supporting vendor appliances and components including: ZScaler ZIA and ZPA, Cisco Network, VoIP, and VTC, Aruba Wireless
- Strong communication skills with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Commitment to work onsite at our customer’s primary location in Washington, D.C. two days per week, 8 AM – 5 PM Eastern. Up to 60% remote work is acceptable with proximity to Washington, D.C. sites within one hour commute time.
- Ability to work overtime and support off-hours maintenance windows as required.
- Ability to perform physical work activities including standing, walking, bending, squatting, crawling (e.g., while running/tracing network cables) and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to travel if required in support of job responsibilities.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an FTC Position of Trust clearance.
- Experience with wireless technologies – Aruba cloud - network specific.
- Familiarity with process frameworks such as the ITIL framework.
- Hands on experience with SD-WAN.
- Experience configuring and implementing Azure cloud – Network specific.
- Experience implementing policy ACLs and Zones.
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls, F5 load balancers, SD-WAN architectures, and WAN automation technologies.
- Experience with monitoring tools including SolarWinds and ScienceLogic SL1.
- Good understanding of remote access technologies including Citrix, IPSec VPN.
- Enterprise Routing/switching experience (L2/L3), including maintaining and troubleshooting network hardware, firewall, routing and switching (Cisco desired).
- Detailed knowledge of network, transport, and application protocols, BGP, MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, VPC, 802.1Q, ether-channel, STP, RSTP, VTP, QoS, ACLs, VxLAN, TCP/UDP, HTTP, FTP, DNS, SIP, RTP
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting VLAN, WLAN, VTP, STP, Port-Channel, VPC, VDC, OTV, Uplinks, Flexes.
- Experience with Cisco platforms including but not limited to Nexus Series (5k/7k/9k), Cisco ACI platform, Catalyst Switches, ISR Routers, Cisco SDWAN, and network management tools.
- Experience and knowledge of network monitoring/management technologies (AAA, SNMP, FTP, SCP, telnet, SSH, NTP, Netflow Technology Knowledge).
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.