Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Relocation Assistance may be provided to the qualified candidate in order to relocate to the Durham, NC area.
At Leidos, we pride ourselves on being a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Our Power Delivery Services Team is the go-to for utilities and mobile operators who need reliable power and telecommunication expertise. We've worked with over 50 investor-owned utilities, over 160 municipals/cooperatives, and we're continuing to expand our reach. Plus, we've got an amazing group of industry-leading construction partners who help us deliver meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader has been confirmed time and time again. Engineering News-Record (ENR) has ranked Leidos among the Top 10 T&D Firms and Top 10 Power Firms.
We are seeking a Distribution Engineering Manager to manager and oversee a team responsible for developing construction work packages for the electric distribution system using various software systems and construction standards. Your team will utilize Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools, Work Management Systems (WMS), and other client systems to develop work packages. You will also have oversight of assignments such as preparing forestry trimming requests, facilitating permit and Right-of-Way acquisition, developing BOM, estimating costs, and customer advocacy such as acquiring easements or calculating a customer Contribution in Aid of Construction (CIAC).
Ideal Candidates will be located within a reasonable driving distance from Durham, NC in order to provide support to internal teams and Leidos’ utility customers as needed. Some occasional local or regional travel is anticipated, including on-site or in-office meetings at our Durham, NC office.
As a Distribution Engineering Manager, you can expect to:
- Provide technical oversight, direction, and support for project teams.
- Function as client point of contact and liaison on project-related issues.
- Collaborate with other design managers on broad client issues including schedule adherence and team quality control
- Oversee and manage existing capital, reliability, and customer project work for clients: Customer project work may include reconductors, voltage conversions, load swaps, circuit rebuilds, DOT relocations, DG integrations, and new, large customer development feeds (OH & UG).
- Support business development, proposal creation, and growth opportunities, including client engagement activities
- Facilitate client & team collaboration and communication; managing resource loading based on clients demands.
- Track scope, schedule, and budget for projects in flight
- Oversee QA/QC for your design team
- Monitor team performance metrics
- Track and report financial metrics
- Strategize and implement organizational structures to enable future growth
What Sets You Apart (Required Qualifications):
- BS in an Engineering Discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or Industrial) from an ABET Accredited institution/program
- A minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company, performing electric distribution design engineering.
- Demonstrated Experience leading engineering personnel
- Proficient knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and comprehension of client construction standards.
- Successful project management experience (initiate, plan, execute, monitor & control, closeout)
- Strong communication skills, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Collaborative and inclusive of individuals of diverse backgrounds and geographic locations.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and provide leadership to other team members; Ability to work effectively in teams.
You Might Also Have:
- Experience with designing secondary networks.
- Experience with software such as PoleForeman, Bentley OpenUtilities Designer, GE Smallworld, Maximo, or similar products.
- Experience with complex projects in distribution design: using medium voltage switchgear, voltage conversion projects, distribution automation projects.
- Experience with development of civil & electrical packages associated with complex cable/conduit in dense urban environments.
- PMP certification and/or PE license
We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that provide them with an opportunity to thrive, professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world. To explore and learn more, click here!
Join our team and discover a culture of collaboration, innovation, diversity, communication transparency, work-life balance, and overall job satisfaction: Share your resume with us today.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.