This position supports the DISA GSM-O II Task Order 07 (TN07) at Joint Force Headquarters DODIN (JFHQ-DODIN). TN-07 provides support to JFHQ-DODIN in the “DODIN Operations” and “Defensive Cyberspace Operations-Internal Defense Measures” (DCO-IDM) mission areas. The selected candidate will provide expertise on the planning and execution of a variety of defensive cyberspace Operations, Actions and Activities (OA&A) throughout DoD cyberspace, and collaborate with multiple internal and external planning elements and joint staff directorates throughout DoD.
- Understand product linkages and dependencies of the Joint Strategic Planning System (JSPS).
- Apply the principles of operational art and design in the development of defensive cyberspace planning.
- Gather and integrate relevant elements of Joint Intelligence Preparation of the Operational Environment (JIPOE) in preparation of cyberspace planning.
- Lead or support deliberate planning using the Joint Planning Process (JPP).
- Support Crisis Action Planning using the Joint Planning Process (JPP).
- Lead teams of diverse stakeholders across the defensive cyberspace community through development of plans that meet Commander’s intent and mission.
- Work with other staff elements to develop Staff Estimates and conduct planning.
- Lead or support Operational Planning Teams and Working Groups in support of Commander’s objectives and End State.
- Participate in and/or support Boards, Bureaus, Centers, Cells, and Working Groups (B2C2WG) events and activities.
- Develop and conduct briefings to Senior Executive Service (SES) and General Officer/Flag Officer (GO/FO) leadership.
- Author and staff Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and Level 1 through Level 4 plans (Commander’s Estimates, Base Plans (BPLANS), Concept Plans (CONPLANS), Operations Plans (OPLANS).
- Research, develop and author issue papers/white papers on varying defensive cyberspace topics.
- Develop, author and staff military type orders in support of defensive cyberspace campaigns and operations.
- Develop assessment indicators and practices to measure the effectiveness of defensive cyberspace operations.
- Ensure synchronization with subordinate elements of tasks in deliberate plans through internal and external collaboration.
- Coordinate, de-conflict, and facilitate communications with all applicable staff elements, subordinate headquarters, combatant commands, service cyber components, agencies, and field activities.
- Contribute to contingency campaign planning in support of anticipated campaigns or operations.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with 12+ years of applicable combined education and experience; related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance and eligible for C/I Polygraph
- Joint Professional Military Education Level II (JPME II) certification/qualification.
- Demonstrated experience integrating multiple stakeholder and operating environment inputs while developing plans.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Joint Publication 3-12 (JP 3-12) “Cyberspace Operations.”
- Demonstrated working knowledge of JP 5-0 “Joint Planning.”
- Demonstrated experience briefing Senior Executive Service (SES) and General Officer/Flag Officer (GO/FO) leadership.
- Completion of operational level professional military education (i.e., Intermediate Level Education [ARMY]) or higher.
- Experience with DISA and DoD Networks.
- Completion of military cyber planning courses (Army Cyberspace Operations Planners Course [ACOPC], Joint Cyberspace Operations Planners Course [JCOPC], Joint Advanced Cyber Warfare Course [JACWC], etc.)
- Completion of non-DoD cyber certifications (Net+, SEC+, CISM, CISSP, etc.)
- Understanding of Directive Authority for Cyberspace Operations (DACO)
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.