This position will pay between $100-120k depending on experience.
- Responsible for NASA E-Root architecture and configuration.
- Serve as alternate/secondary DDI Service Architect responsible for the configuration and maintenance of NASA’s DNS, DHCP and IPAM (DDI) enterprise application and services.
- Ensure the day-to-day operation and ongoing support of Servers and Systems including event, fault, and performance management.
- Develop solutions to monitor, notify, and correct anomalies/alarms.
- Evaluate the current e-root architecture. Design the environment and software layers to provide for a reliable, scalable, secure and highly available Linux environment.
- Find gaps in the Linux environment and use analytical skills and knowledge of problem-solving methodologies to provide solutions.
- Lead efforts and work closely with systems administrators, database and application administrators/programmers, network engineers/analysts and outside vendors in engineering solutions or resolving problems.
- Act as a lead consulting and training resource for e-root architectural environment.
- Provide guidance to systems administrators, network engineers/analysts on the configuration of server hardware and architectures to meet application and service requirements.
- Attend meetings and conferences in support of the e-root architecture and Root Server Operators working groups.
- Lead IR&D efforts to identify new solutions, communicating solutions and progress with Senior and Program Management.
- Work closely with vendors or other groups within the organization to correct problems or perform root cause analysis.
- Analyze and make formal recommendations on optimization and capacity planning for systems.
- Design, develop, and maintain process automation scripts and utilities written in BASH/Python and other programing languages as required.
- Develop and maintain documentation related to the design, installation, administration, and maintenance of multiple Linux systems in a distributed computing environment.
- Ensure stability, viability and maintenance of the 24/7 mission-critical production environment.
- Prepare weekly reports on significant events.
- Write test plans and conduct product evaluations in a lab environment.
- Be available to support and participate after hours critical incident management events as required.
- Design and maintain a repeatable, documented patch deployment methodology for system administrators to implement.
- Diagnosis complex performance issues and facilitate recovery of failed systems in accordance with customer Service Level Agreements.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related experience. Years of experience may be accepted in place of degree.
- Must have experience with UNIX server administration including RedHat LINUX platform, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, and high availability.
- Knowledge of DNS and DHCP protocols and how to configure, manage, and troubleshoot DNS/DHCP services.
- Understanding of IP addressing, subnetting, and routing.
- Solid understanding of data and telecommunication technologies and networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP, IPv6, VPNs, firewalls, etc.
- Experience in server architectures, storage architectures, virtualization, monitoring tools, backup/restore, performance tuning/capacity planning, documentation, server management
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience working with VMWare hypervisors and architecture.
- Working knowledge of database management, security and data access technologies
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills for effective interaction with customers, co-workers and external entities.
- Proven ability to provide project leadership as well as work routine tasks with minimal supervision.
This position will pay between $100-120k depending on experience.
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.