Are you ready to make an impact and join a creative, forward-thinking team? We’re looking for innovators and forward-thinkers to help us do great things.
Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer with strong expertise in operating systems and server hardware to join our Defense Enclave Services (DES) team at Ft. Meade, MD.
Work across DOD agencies to migrate IT services into common hosting environment. You will play a key role in performing the discovery, design, and plan migration tasks in support of building a world-class Single Service Provider for the Department of Defense. Leidos needs the best talent in the industry to accommodate the size, scope, and complexity of this effort. A successful candidate will be technically well-rounded, producing quality work with special attention to the right details.
• Must possess an active Secret security clearance OR be eligible for submission and able to maintain an active Secret security clearance once granted. (US Citizenship required)
•Document existing infrastructure configuration, requirements, and overall architecture. Work with various stakeholder to produce high level and detailed designs for existing infrastructure. Identify areas for improvement.
•Develop plan to migrate current infrastructure into singular architecture and develop hardware procurement plan needed for migration.
•Design solutions, integrate, configure, test, and deploy numerous types of server-based applications based on Windows, Linux operating systems deployed on various virtualization platforms and cloud environments.
•Optimize end-to-end system performance and migration workflows.
•Conduct data captures to obtain computing performance and system configuration information.
•Define migration plans that accelerate execution and minimize impact to the user community.
•Establish migration plans for complex n-tier applications and services.
•Gather needed data to forecast long-term capacity and performance requirements.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math with 8+ years' experience or Master's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math with 6+ years of experience (additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree).
- Require active DoD IAT Level II (i.e., Security+) certification or equivalent prior to start
- Experience documenting logical or physical designs using drawing tools (e.g. Visio, Powerpoint, Gliffy, Cameo, MagicDraw) to depict systems, subsystems, interfaces, components, and communications of I/T applications and infrastructure
- Experience with requirements management and analysis
- Experienced and comfortable with conducting technical troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Experience creating or executing a migration plan to move services, applications, or data between environments or to a commercial cloud provider. Alternatively, experience planning or executing a technology refresh or lifecycle refresh of an existing I/T system
- Experience conducting site surveys or analyzing data obtained from site surveys
- Must have broad exposure to common I/T infrastructure with at least one area of depth in networking, storage, Identity and Access Management, operating systems, server virtualization, enterprise productivity applications, voice, desktops, or mobile devices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This shall include drafting SOPs and technical documentation
- Must be able to present designs and plans to technical leadership personnel and boards for approvals
- Experience with cloud technologies (i.e. VCF, AWS, Azure, Oracle, or Google)
- Familiarity with networking technologies
- Experience with one or more I/T discovery tools (e.g. Solarwinds, Device42, ServiceNow, or similar)
- Completion of one or more compute certification which shall meet or exceed an MCSA, VCTA, RHCSA, Server+ or comparable vender certification.
- Knowledge of one or more virtualization technologies such as VMWare vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience in managing enterprise storage solutions (i.e. Dell PowerStore/Unity, HPE Alletra/3PAR, NetApp AFF Series).
- Experience in managing enterprise backup solutions (i.e. CommVault, PowerProtect, Veeam).
- Experienced in deploying and maintaining Windows Server and/or Red Hat systems.
- Experienced with Active Directory and Group Policy management and design.
- Experienced with patching technologies (i.e. VMware LCM/VUM, MECM/SCCM, Satellite/Ansible).
- Experience working as part of a team to troubleshoot and resolve complex network issues.
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.