Looking for an exciting career opportunity? Leidos is seeking a Test Engineer with worldwide operational U.S. military mobility experience in airlift/airdrop, tanker, and/or special operations (Pilot, Navigator/Combat Systems Officer). As part of a highly focused and diverse team of Subject Matter Experts (former military aviators), software engineers, and security test engineers, you'll play a critical role in providing agile support to mission planning developers and program managers to bring the highest quality mission planning software to the warfighter.
This position is based on-site at Eglin AFB, FL, but don't let that stop you! Relocation is available, and we also offer one day a week of teleworking for this role. We're seeking cleared candidates with an active Secret clearance who are motivated to succeed. Our team focuses on forward-looking, innovative solutions, making us a valued lifetime partner in ensuring mission success. Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to be part of a team that makes a difference - apply today!
Your greatest work is ahead!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security obstacles for customers with “can’t fail” missions. From scanning for illicit material at ports and borders to predicting future events and instability up to five years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
Our Primary Responsibilities:
- Conduct operationally representative evaluation of early release (development cycle) mission planning software with emphasis on Air Mobility Command capabilities (airlift, airdrop, refueling) and integration of client systems with Air Force networks and Air-Operations-Center (AOC) nodes.
- Use real-world threat data and Orders of Battle to evaluate data compatibility and integrity from source to mission planning end products such as maps, flight knee-board cards, data cartridges, and briefing materials.
- Evaluate component level and system level planning capabilities for multiple weapon systems and will provide subject matter expertise for developers, program managers, users, government test agencies, and other mission planning stakeholders.
- Plan, execute, and report on evaluation activities and provide findings and recommendations to developers and program managers.
- Develop and coordinate operationally relevant test strategies for Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) environments, including platform evaluations.
- Conduct end-to-end evaluations of JMPS systems.
- Activities include technical document development and review, hardware/software configuration management and control, system installation (workstation environment and networked/domain environments), operationally focused test execution, and deficiency reporting and analysis.
- Work directly with software developers, program management, and operational user community to identify JMPS functional, usability, and performance deficiencies and to provide recommendations for improvements.
- Developing, maintaining, and maturing evaluation procedures.
Our Basic Qualifications:
- BS degree or equivalent and 12 – 15 years of MS degree or equivalent and 10-13 years of relevant experience, including USAF/USN operational flying experience in AMC (mobility/tanker/cargo) or AFSOC (special operations) aircraft.
- Expertise in unit level, wing level, or AOC level planning. Previous mission planning experience is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in developing complex software systems.
- Knowledge of force-level Command & Control data (Air Tasking Orders/Airspace Coordination Orders [ATO/ACO]).
- Familiarization with Geographic Intelligence (GEOINT) data.
- Previous JMPS and FalconView GDS experience is required, other mission planning systems are desirable.
- Knowledge of mobility-centric JMPS common components (CAT, EASE, AACC/GFPCC, etc.) and mobility Unique Planning Components (UPC) for AMC, AETC, CSAR, and ACC aircraft utilizing FalconView GDS.
- Possess a minimum of a Secret clearance and be eligible for a Top-Secret clearance.
Our Preferred Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of MS Windows environments.
- Understanding of software testing concepts.
- Knowledge of the Atlassian Suite of Tools and their use.
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine environments and their use.
- Knowledge of Database Management Systems setup and use.
- Understanding of software and systems engineering processes for software development life cycle.
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We inspire our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We look forward to learning more about you – apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.