Come put your software engineering and computer skills into action! The Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Software Developer/Computer Systems Engineer to support Special Projects engineering and technical services in the C2ISR Division (HBG) based at Robins AFB with operations located worldwide. In this role, you will join a dynamic team that is singularly focused on providing world class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive environment. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and engaging environment.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission critical software source code for a closed network using SQL, .NET.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing.
- Support configuration management activities, managing software versions, builds, and associated documentation.
- Support configuration control boards.
- Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that matches specification.
- Own delivery of small parts of a system or application.
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+, years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with databases and website sustainment.
- Experience with SQL, .NET framework, databases
- Knowledge of Windows and Red Hat Linux environments.
- Experience with ACAS or other software scanning tools.
- Solid understanding of software development process fundamentals.
- Knowledge of a version control system (e.g., Git).
- Experience with configuration management processes and managing configuration items.
- Knowledge of configuration management audit requirements.
- Strong, self-motivated desire to learn new programming languages, tools, frameworks, and techniques.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Possess 8140 certification requirements to be a privileged user in the lab including but not limited to Security+.
- Familiarity with basic web technologies including HTML, CSS, XML, REST, JSON, SOAP, and WSDL
- Familiarity with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with Confluence and Jira.
- Experience developing cybersecurity documentation.
- Knowledge of Air Force RMF requirements and instructions.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.).
- Familiarity with multiple Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.).
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.