Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support Special Projects engineering and technical services in the C2ISR Division (HBG) based at Robins AFB with operations located worldwide. Successful candidates will be responsible for providing technical and programmatic System integrity and engineering management along with Information Assurance Services to customers CONUS and OCONUS in support of the delivery of network services (terrestrial and Satellite Communication (SATCOM) backup) that will meet the requirement of the Tactical Multi-Mission Over-the-Horizon Radar (TACMOR) program. The network services will include the management, on-island communications, off-island communications, and an integration facility to be used to ensure consistent interfaces and end-to-end service delivery. You will oversee the work of multiple subcontractors to design, build, test, and transfer to operations of the fiber optic equipment, cables and system shelters in the Pacific Area of Operations (AOR). You will also oversee the integration and architecture work using Model-based systems engineering (MBSE) techniques and ensure cybersecurity and IA services during all phases for the TACMOR Network Services Optimization project.
You will be leading a team of multi-disciplined engineers, cyber security engineers and officers, quality engineers, and architects and provide technical and management direction supporting successful delivery of the TACMOR network services. You will ensure strong systems engineering processes are followed throughout the requirements, analysis, design, build, integrate, test and deploy to operations phases.
- Provide technical leadership for researching, evaluating, planning, designing, engineering, and delivering the TACMOR network services optimization project.
- Manage the team to include multiple subcontractors.
- Support the Program Manager for successful completion of all milestones and deliverables.
- Lead, direct and review the work to ensure high quality products are delivered to the customer.
- Clearly communicate with the SP PMO on status of workload.
- Lead technical reviews and meetings with the customer
- Participate and support programmatic reviews and meetings with the customer.
- Ensure all work products meet requirements and specifications
- Ensure new and existing products conform to information security policies, standards, and best practices
- Review and ensure compliance with customer security policies and requirements
- Review the system designs for compliance with security standards and best practices
- Provide architectural and technical guidance and recommendations for securing systems and networks
- Cross-train and mentor other staff members as needed
- Bachelor's degree and 12+ yrs or Masters’ with 6+ years in engineering, systems engineering, or related technical field
- US citizenship and an active Secret clearance, with ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Ability to develop technical solutions that require collaboration with internal experts, deep analyses and understanding of impact on end-product/solution
- Capability to develop solutions to technical problems and issues that are unclear and require deep technical knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex DoD systems
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to travel when needed by the program
- Experience leading and mentoring junior level staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience with receivers, transmitters, antennas, radars, electronic warfare systems
- Working knowledge System Security Engineering (NIST 800-160 v1)
- Previous experience working DAF systems
- Experience working in a Program office and knowledge of acquisition processes
- Experience managing and overseeing the work of contractors
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.