Unleash Your Potential
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is currently seeking a Senior Geologist to join our team in Earth City, Missouri. With environmental projects across the U.S. you will have the opportunity to make a difference in various communities.
Must possess a valid driver's license. Day trips are common and week-long trips typically occur quarterly.
Must be able to pass background checks to obtain access to, and conduct work on, U.S. Government installations. Due to contract requirements, must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. Permanent Resident.
As a Senior Geologist, you will manage field staff for the completion of environmental investigations and remediation projects at federal and private sector client locations. You will work with Leidos Project Managers and Senior Staff, and interface with multiple Leidos offices. Excellent organization, written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders are essential to success in this role.
Join our team and discover a culture of collaboration, innovation, diversity, trust, caring management, communication transparency, work-life balance, and overall job satisfaction. Share your resume with us today!
Your Main Objective:
- Performing project tasks outlined in project work plans (e.g., Sampling and Analysis Plans, Quality Assurance Plans, Health and Safety Plans) as assigned by Project Managers, including scheduling, coordination and logistics, and deliverables.
- Assisting in drafting of project work plans, specifically in areas related to geology, soil sampling, groundwater monitoring, and monitoring well construction.
- Managing execution of field investigation phases of work, including drilling contractor oversight and installation and development of groundwater monitoring wells.
- Collecting field data and environmental samples (soil, sediment, surface water, groundwater); prepare field logs and records; sample packaging/shipping and chain of custody; and procurement of materials and supplies for field efforts.
- Geologic logging of soil and rock borings, using USCS system.
- Preparing project technical reports, including site geology/hydrogeology summaries, conceptual site models, data tabulations, and visual data presentations (e.g., maps and cross sections).
- Performing work in accordance with Leidos and client Environmental Compliance and Health & Safety programs.
- Coordinating field operations with client facility staff.
- Managing investigation and remediation-derived wastes in accordance with project waste management plans.
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor's degree in Geology, Geological Engineering, or related field, and at least 5 years' relevant experience, or a Master's degree and at least 3 years relevant experience.
- Registered Geologist in Missouri.
- Experience with standard industry drilling methods (DPT, hollow-stem auger, air rotary, sonic), geologic logging of borings, and installation and decommissioning of groundwater monitoring wells.
- Proficiency in M.S. Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with groundwater modeling software (MODFLOW, MODPATH, Surfer).
You Might Also Have:
- Professional registration in additional states/discipline.
- Prior completion of OSHA 1910.120 hazardous waste worker certification (40-hour HAZWOPER) and current OSHA 8-hour refresher.
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.