Are you ready for a rewarding career challenge?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a passionate Linux System Administrator to join our team! In this role, you will be advocating the Air Force and Navy Next Generation USAF Mission Planning program and taking DevOps principles for the DoD to a whole new level. You will be part of a dynamic team that manages and designs a next-generation CI/CD pipeline in a cloud-based environment and supports 30+ developer groups across many cutting-edge technology stacks.
As part of our team, you will have the chance to research and design new solutions for a large enterprise, with ample time to learn and train on existing solutions. You will be instrumental in driving real change for the DoD community and making a difference. If you're ready to take your career to the next level and make a real impact, we want to hear from you. Apply today!
**We are looking for a candidate that is local to either: Hanscom AFB or Point Mugu in San Diego.**
Your greatest work is ahead!
- Architect and manage secure, high-availability systems, adhering to industry standards/best practices.
- Learn and adapt to Azure/AWS cloud resources, with opportunities for formal training.
- Manage a hybrid CI/CD environment utilizing both GOTS and OSS, supporting teams of developers.
- Configure and integrate authentication services across various web applications.
- Support multiple build, release, and deployment pipelines.
- Develop scripts to automate tasks and deployments in the cloud environment.
- Document systems and processes for task tracking and team collaboration.
What Sets You Apart (our basic qualifications):
- U.S. Citizenship (No Green Card/Permanent Resident Card) is required to obtain a Secret level security clearance.
- Bachelor’s Degree and four (4) + years of relative experience, experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
- In-depth experience in RedHat Linux installation, implementation, configuration, testing (functional and security), operations, maintenance, and system patching.
- Understanding of network design and topologies, including edge services & point-to-point VPN setup within cloud environments.
- Understanding of high availability solutions such as clustering, failover, and geographic redundancy.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint); strong documentation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with multiple contractors, government agencies, and other mission planning stakeholders.
You Might Also Have (our preferred qualifications):
- Microsoft Azure, AWS, RHEL, and/or Windows Server certification(s).
- Experience with Docker container and deployment technologies, such as Terraform, Kubernetes, OpenShift, or Helm.
- Proficiency with a scripting programming language like Bash, Python, or PowerShell.
- Proficiency with configuration management techniques using Ansible.
- Familiar with making REST API calls and handling data in JSON or YAML formats.
- Experience supporting CI/CD tools like Jenkins or Azure DevOps build pipelines.
- Atlassian Tools Suite experience (Jira, Confluence, Bamboo, and Bitbucket).
- Familiarity with configuring and managing SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MS SQL.
- Experience with F5 BIG-IP Firewall Solutions, load balancers, and/or reverse proxies.
- Familiarity with implementing Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG)
- Experience with managing Anti-Virus tools like McAfee/Trellix ePO.
At Leidos, the opportunities are boundless. We challenge our staff with interesting assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business. We look forward to learning more about you – apply today!
Pay Range:Pay Range $66,300.00 - $119,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.