Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
The Space Systems Research Branch, within the Leidos Innovations Center, currently has an opening for a Signal Processing Engineer to work in our San Diego, CA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience managing the design, analysis, and implementation of algorithms for Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) payloads where Leidos is transforming the payload solutions for the future. As a Signal Processing Engineer, you’ll directly support the Division by leading a talented team through an aggressive schedule to achieve program objectives, including frequent customer interface.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- You will lead a team of signal processing and algorithms engineers in the research and development of space-based EO/IR payloads
- Develop, model, and test signal processing algorithms in MATLAB for EO/IR sensors
- Develop models and simulate processing chains in software testbeds
- Identify, integrate, and develop metrics for algorithm testing & analysis
- Assist the integration of algorithms onto space-based payloads
- Perform the verification and validation of real-time implementations
- Prepare and brief results to customers
What Sets You Apart:
- Master’s degree in a science related degree field (Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering Physics, etc.) with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 8-13 years of prior relevant experience
- US citizenship
- Active Secret clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance
- Proficient experience with MATLAB
- Proficient in Windows
- Develop novel and advanced algorithms, performance simulation, and analysis
- Excellent communication skills and proven ability to work directly with customers and deliver results
- Mission oriented with a strong ability guide a team towards goals and deliver real world products
- Proficient with technical writing, documentation, and organization
- Robust sense of initiative, a self-starter who can work independently
- Experience in proposal development and business development
You’ll really WOW us having one or more of the following:
- Active TS or TS/SCI security clearance
- Constellation analysis, coverage and access
- Radiometry, performance estimation and analysis
- Space-time adaptive processing (STAP)
- Detection and Estimation Theory
- Multiple-Target Tracking
- Image and signal processing, Modeling, and simulation
- Modeling with STK with MATLAB plugins
- Experience in implementing algorithms on real-time and resource-constrained processors/GPUs/FPGAs
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.