Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
The Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer to work in our Ladson, SC facility. As a member of the Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions team you will be responsible for supporting the manufacturing of a variety of products. Using your skills as a Manufacturing Engineer you will develop processes that ensure a consistent and quality focused approach to product manufacturing. This is an on-site position that will be directly involved with the manufacturing of a variety of products used to provide security solutions within airports.
This position requires a comfort level working on the shop floor, side by side with our manufacturing and service teams. This role will solve daily production challenges, support the production schedule, and drive ongoing production improvements. Initial responsibilities will include travel to other Leidos locations for training on our current product technology and assembly processes. You will use this training to guide the setup and launch of our new facility in North Charleston. The roles and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the roles described below.
- Setup and launch of production cells in our new facility in North Charleston.
- Resolve production related issues and drive improvement efforts.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing documentation for all relevant products.
- Support quality system and product focused efforts.
- Work as necessary with suppliers and other Leidos departments to resolve issues.
- Documentation Development release through document control.
- Manufacturing Bill of Materials development and ongoing administration and updates from product improvements or obsolescence.
- Analysis of technical parameters for obsolete parts and identification of sources for direct replacement parts that meet form, fit and function requirements.
- Routine review and action of parts obsolescence backlog as supply chain signals are provided for obsolete components or parts.
- Supporting assessment and collaborative resolution of complex cross-functional technical issues amongst multiple diverse stakeholders.
- Driving results through the development, implementation and maintenance of rigorous processes, tools, schedules and metrics.
- Maintaining current data and providing status on technical and schedule performance issues.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements.
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process.
- Create processes and procedures to help assembly technicians create workflow efficiencies to enhance quality and streamline production.
- Develop standardized design criteria across product lines where possible.
- Support New Product Introductions as new products are migrated into the Vista Manufacturing facility.
- Requires BS and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider additional years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in a high tech manufacturing environment, Experience with AutoCad and/or SolidWorks is preferred.
- Understand engineering drawings, Bills of Materials, and operational procedures.
- Extensive experience writing and reviewing Engineering Change Orders.
The Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) team has developed a suite of integrated solutions for aviation, ports, borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world. We provide automated threat detection for weapons, narcotics, explosives, contraband, and undeclared goods, as well as nuclear and radioactive materials, by leveraging industry leading screening technologies, AI/ML capabilities and advanced biometric tools. We have more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries, including best-in-class security checkpoint and inspection systems for people, checked baggage and more.
Check out the links below to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES)
Pay Range:Pay Range $54,600.00 - $98,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.