This position will support the DISA GSM-O II Task Number 07 (TN07) Joint Force Headquarters DODIN. GSM-O II provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the DoD and COCOMs. The selected candidate shall support the detection, monitoring, correlation, remediation, and prevention of cyber threat activity targeting the DODIN. Understand the details of advanced persistent threats that impact the DODIN with an in-depth knowledge and ability to analyze, track, correlate, trend, and report on the TTPs utilized and countermeasures to secure, operate and defend.
- Supervise the analyzing of identified malicious network activity to determine weaknesses exploited, exploitation methods, effects on system and information.
- Assess network topology and device configurations identifying critical security concerns and providing security best practice recommendations.
- Review, correlate, and report on high priority endpoint threats and vulnerabilities to identify similar incidents/events, malicious tradecraft, TTPs of malicious activity, and indicators utilized to impact or target specific networks.
- Supervise the creation of situational awareness products to provide DoD components with detailed information related to vulnerabilities and appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Develop and Present cyber threat briefings, presentations to ensure situational awareness and current status are conveyed to senior leaders.
- Coordinate with AOs and participate in meetings to ensure accuracy of scoping, requirements documentation, gap identification, remediation, and compliance requirements.
- Develop formalized reporting regarding threat and vulnerability activity impacting mission success. (i.e., situational awareness reports/products; operational directives/orders and coordination messages; and quarterly threat analysis reports and metrics.).
- Develop, and maintain the content of a DoD indicator database to aid in the detection and mitigation of threat activity.
- Define, establish, and manage security risk metrics and track effectiveness.
- BA degree and 12+ years of applicable experience or a MA degree in a related discipline with 15+ years of applicable combined education and experience. Additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance and eligible for C/I Polygraph
- Must hold an active DoD 8570 IAM Level I/II certification.
- Previous tools experience working with endpoint detection and response tools (ESS, Cisco AMP, Cortex XDR, Forti EDR, Sophos, Carbon Black EDR)
- Technical understanding in some of the following areas: network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, basic understanding of malware (malware communication installation, or malware types).
- Expert knowledge of computer network defense operations (proxy, firewall, IDS/IPS, router/switch, or open-source information collection)
- Expert knowledge of threat and vulnerability analysis, routing protocols, routing, intrusion detection systems, intrusion protection systems, Domain Name Service, or network traffic analysis.
- Advanced communications and presentations skills (verbal and written) enabling precise conveyance of information across all CC/S/A/FA with command and proper enunciation of the English language
- Security+ CE; CAP, GSLC, CISSP
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.