At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos is currently seeking an Climate Program Manager to join our team. With projects across the U.S. you will have the opportunity to make a difference in various communities.
Candidates must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Secret security clearance.
Join our team and discover a culture of collaboration, innovation, diversity, trust, caring management, communication transparency, work-life balance, and overall job satisfaction. Share your resume with us today!
Your greatest work is ahead!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly-regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world. To explore and learn more, click here.
Are you ready to join a team dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, apply today!
The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a Climate Program Manager to oversee multiple projects focused to improve climate data availability, accessibility, and usability for multiple U.S. government Climate projects. The Program Manager will be responsible for coordinating, and contributing to, the technical execution of multiple climate projects, including the architecture and administration of cloud environments, and the integration of new capabilities as multi-cloud ready services or microservices. The Program Manager will interact with customers, and their downstream user groups in key industry sectors, to guide development of the most impactful solutions for the stakeholders.
The successful candidate will have experience in managing projects such as software development, data acquisition, processing, and analysis strategies using established and cutting-edge tools; designing actionable climate data products; and managing stakeholder engagement and expectations. The successful candidate will also have a growth mindset, and will be expected to contribute to the expansion, diversification, and enrichment of the climate portfolio in the Leidos Civil Group.
Your Main Objectives:
- Manage and own the climate business area projects, staff, budgets and deliverables
- Responsible for all financial, technical, administrative, contractual, and personnel aspects of the subcontract
- Ensure programs and projects are executed within scope, schedule, and budget constraints
- Manage staff with respect to recruitment; hiring; onboarding; career development; performance goal setting; performance evaluation and management; training requirements establishment and completion; salary administration
- Engage employees and customers on a routine basis to fully understand customer requirements and employee capabilities
- Contribute to strategic planning to grow Leidos’ portfolio of climate data programs; includes working with a team to identify, shape, and develop proposals for new business accounts
- Lead on-contract growth strategies, business development efforts, and new business project kickoff and transitions
- Provide technical expertise and innovative approaches in support of Leidos’ climate data analytics and visualization efforts
- Provide subject matter expertise across the Civil climate change portfolio on key proposal efforts
- Manage multiple BPA, IDIQ, and Task Order type contract vehicles and multiple subcontractors/vendors
- Serve as a trusted advisor and partner to federal customers, understanding their mission, goals, and needs, and providing tailored guidance and support on climate-related issues
- Work with data systems and platforms to help customers leverage data-driven insights and analytics to inform decision-making, optimize performance, and measure impact on climate outcomes
- Identify, design, and execute projects and programs that align with customer priorities and objectives, and deliver value-added benefits in terms of reducing greenhouse gas emissions, increasing energy efficiency, improving water management, enhancing disaster preparedness, and promoting environmental justice
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including technical experts, policy makers, industry partners, and community organizations, to foster cross-sector partnerships and synergies, and to leverage best practices and lessons learned
- Manage the budget, timeline, scope, quality, and risk of assigned projects and programs, ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and organizational standards
- Communicate effectively and persuasively with diverse audiences, using various formats and channels, to articulate the value proposition of our climate solutions and to showcase our success stories and impact
What Sets You Apart:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Geography, Environmental Science or relevant technical degree, and a minimum of 15 years of experience supporting climate related projects and programs, or a Master's degree and 10 years' relevant experience.
- 5 years experience managing DoD related programs/projects, CPFF, FFP, CPAF type BPA or IDIQ contract vehicles, and climate-related experience supporting Federal clients (DOD, DHS, DOE)
- 3 years experience managing subcontracts, including both large and small business subcontracts/vendors and managing multiple projects and up to 50 staff
- Experience developing innovative climate data strategies for large and complex customers, spanning the federal, state, and local government, and domestic and global non-governmental organizations.
- Knowledge of solutions for advancing clean energy and reducing greenhouse gases in power systems, transportation, buildings, and industry sectors.
- Previous involvement in climate and clean energy initiatives with government agencies, utilities, non-profits, philanthropies, or international organizations.
- Proficiency in facilitating stakeholder groups to find common ground.
- Familiarity with US energy markets, including production, distribution, and transmission systems.
- Ability to distill high-level insights from complex data/information.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with an interest in expanding business opportunities.
You Might Also Have:
- Experience with U.S. government climate/environmental data initiatives, particularly with DoD, DOE, NOAA, NASA, USGS
- 3 years of experience working with the DOD data analytics environment ADVANA
- 3 years of experience working with various DOD data platforms:
- Military Service data platforms (USAF AMRS, Army MDMS/VANTAGE, Navy Smart Grid /CIRCUITS, etc.)
- DOD’s GHG Emissions
- Installation energy, water, waste, and recycling assessments (Sustainability Data)
- Environmental Product Declarations (EPD)
- Emerging Contaminants information
- Defense Climate Assessment Tool (DCAT)
- Understanding clean energy and greenhouse gas reduction solutions in sectors such as power systems, transportation, buildings, and industry
- Previous engagement in climate and clean energy projects with government agencies, utilities, non-profits, philanthropies, or international organizations
- Proficient in facilitating stakeholder groups to reach consensus
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.