Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading
Leidos is seeking an Energy Analyst who has a strong desire to be part of a well-established and growing North American utility consulting practice. Serving electric, natural gas, and combined electric-gas utilities throughout the North America and the Caribbean region as well as investors in utility assets, our team of professionals provides consulting services such as: integrated resource planning, utility mergers and acquisitions due diligence, and utility decarbonization strategy development.
The Mission: Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. The consulting group of approximately 100 employees is primarily engaged in private sector power opportunities and offers consulting services, independent engineering services, mergers & acquisition consulting, market analysis, and transmission study services. Our highly knowledgeable engineers and consultants work across functions to collaborate and challenge each other to innovate for our clients.
Location: Ideal candidate would be located in one of the following locations: Denver CO, Framingham MA, or Washington DC
- Assisting in analysis related to integrated resource planning, decarbonization strategy development, and utility buy- and sell-side due diligence, as well as preparation of consulting reports in these areas for clients such as utilities, investors, and financial institutions.
- Working both independently and in collaboration with colleagues and managers, who are conducting and/or leading consulting studies by: conducting research, performing analysis, modeling operation of power generation assets and portfolios using proprietary Leidos tools and simulation models as well as licensed software tools and databases.
- Initiating and contributing to new approaches to evaluating emerging issues relevant to the North American energy sector to support client needs and internal whitepaper development.
What Sets You Apart: (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business, Mathematics/Statistics, or related field with four plus (4+) years of relevant experience, primarily in economic/quantitative analysis work within or related to the North American electric and natural gas utility industries
- Expertise with Excel for ad hoc data analysis required
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with clients and staff
- Excellent analytical, technical writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage workload and successfully meet deadlines across a variety of concurrent projects
You Might Also Have: (Preferred Qualifications)
- Proficiency with PLEXOS, EnCompass, Aurora, ProMod, or other similar utility optimization/simulation models strongly preferred
- Proficiency with data analytics/statistical analysis and programming languages such as Python and R preferred
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.