The Leidos Defense Group has a Systems Administrator Lead position open in Colorado Springs, CO. Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. In this role, you will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, Problem and Change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks. You will report directly to the Technical Operations Lead.
Hourly Pay Target: $46.00 - $48.00
Location: Customer site located on Peterson Space Force Base in Colorado Springs, CO
Clearance: Must hold active Secret clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret SCI clearance. US Citizenship is required.
What will you do in this role?
• Lead an all-star team of senior, journeymen and junior system administrators responsible for the installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware and management of assigned assets
• Provide monitoring and updating current and new systems, supporting critical system patches, responding to incidents, scheduling O&M activities and coordination of all customer related issues
• Acts as the Senior System Administrator and is considered as subject matter expert on the program’s IT operating systems, computing hardware platforms and systems administration to provide Tier 2/3 support
• Determine methods and procedures to fulfill new assignments independently
• Monitor, organize and work collaboratively in a technological environment to support an established collaborative work environment
• May perform systems engineering functions for new system development efforts or critical system enhancements and patches in accordance with the program’s system engineering and configuration management processes
• Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with support teams on systematic enhancements or changes
• Reviews and updates current processes and procedures to ensure their accuracy in accordance with customer requirements and contract policies
• Able to learn and train junior personnel on new system changes as needed
• Act as focal point for Service Desk collaboration on system support issues that arise and escalate concerns to program management as needed
• Lead efforts on all Continuity of Operations planning and execution for contractor provided support
• Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
• Troubleshoot to determine problems for operating systems, applications, network, or mobile issues
• Actively manage incident tickets and provide status updates on each ticket per SLA
• Provide system and application diagnoses to remediate issues while engaging other teams as needed
These are the required qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years of experience, or Associates with 6+ years of experience; High School diploma and 8+ years of experience or equivalent additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
• Must hold an active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret/SCI clearance
• Must have CompTIA Security +ce certification at start date
• Must have server related certifications (e.g. Windows Server 2016, or CompTIA Server+, etc) or be able to obtain within 60 days of start
• Demonstrates general understanding of network topologies, both transport and IP
• Must be available for on-call support as required
• Demonstrates day-to-day fluency using Microsoft Active Directory to manage policies & user objects
• Possesses knowledge of security policies and general vulnerabilities management
• Able to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
• Demonstrates familiarity with NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives
These are the preferred qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in associated field
• Proven knowledge of computer security principles and DoD security protocols
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
Pay Range:Pay Range -
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.