In this role, you will:
- Develop and implement cloud-first and Azure native architectures.
- Build Infrastructure As Code (IaC) and utilize Cloud-native and shared services in an automated fashion.
- Implement DevSecOps including auto-scaled architectures.
- Design, develop, configure, and manage mixed Windows and Linux environments.
- Use Modern coding principles, continuous integration pipelines, and automation-first implementations.
- Working in an Agile process to plan your work into 2-week sprints and participate in daily scrum meetings.
- Integrate with common services provided by the Government cloud broker.
- Implement and configure cloud-based monitoring solutions to ensure infrastructure health.
- Support the security accreditation process by implementing required security controls, completing STIG checklists, and addressing security scan findings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline w/ 8+ years of relevant experience or Master’s Degree in a related discipline w/ 6+ years. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Able to obtain Interim DoD Secret Clearance.
- Must have experience as a Cloud Engineer (AWS) to include tasks such as cloud migration, cloud networking, IAM, cloud optimization, and deployment automation (Infrastructure as Code).
- Experience with cloud-first, AWS native architectures and cloud PaaS & SaaS services such as databases.
- Proficient with Python or equivalent programming language.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking.
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently, and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
- Must be able to obtain CompTIA Security+ Certification.
- Ability to interact positively, collaborate and communicate appropriately with team members.
- Knowledge in complex application integration
- AWS or Azure certifications, Professional desired, or associates with experience additional experience.
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification.
- Active/inactive DoD Secret Clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.