Are you ready to make an impact and join a creative, forward-thinking team? We’re looking for innovators and forward-thinkers to help us do great things.
Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer with strong expertise in operating systems and server hardware to join our Defense Enclave Services (DES) team at Ft. Meade, MD.
Work across DoD agencies working with the various customers to plan and migrate to migrate IT services into common hosting environment. You will play a key role in performing the discovery, design, plan, and execute migration tasks in support of building a world-class Single Service Provider for the Department of Defense. Leidos is seeking the best talent in the industry to accommodate the size, scope, and complexity of this effort. A successful candidate will be technically well-rounded, producing quality work with special attention to the right details.
• Must possess an active Secret security clearance OR be eligible for submission and able to maintain an active Secret security clearance once granted. (US Citizenship required)
- Provide systems engineering support to large-scale systems, major system elements, and/or interfacing systems within a cloud or virtual environment
- Provide overall system engineering expertise in the architecture, design, development, requirements analysis, data flow, network design and/or implementation, or testing for the program
- Analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high-level system architecture to develop system requirements specifications.
- Support cloud technology adoption and integration of components into the cloud architecture
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with team to ensure the integration of design, planning, execution, and operations across various technical disciplines. Understand and document business objectives and processes, and requirements that drive mission capability. Design migrated environment to ensure a better user experience.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Document existing infrastructure configuration, requirements, and overall architecture. Work with various stakeholder to produce high level and detail designs for existing infrastructure. Identify areas for improvement.
- Work with vendors and cloud providers to design a best-in-class solution that meets customer security and business requirements
Design & Migration
- Design solutions, integrate, configure, test, and deploy numerous types of server-based applications based on
- Windows, Linux operating systems deployed on various virtualization platforms and cloud environments.
- Optimize end-to-end system performance and migration workflows, and design redundancy/scalability into new environment.
- End user design focused to ensure smooth transition for end user devices, and back-end services.
- Conduct data captures to obtain computing performance and system configuration information.
- Define migration plans that accelerate execution and minimize impact to the user community.
- Establish migration plans for complex n-tier applications and services.
- Gather needed data to forecast long-term capacity and performance requirements.
- Support the design and implementation/instantiation of infrastructure as code innovations in an AWS/Azure environment to verify the quality of deployed code.
- Write actionable test cases to verify testable product requirements derived from user stories based on input from development and operations teams.
- Support the automation of test tooling and pipelines that enable secured and tested systems to be deployed across a variety of environments in the AWS/Azure Cloud
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years' experience or Master's degree with 10+ years of experience (additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree).
- Require a minimum of one compute certification which shall meet or exceed an MCSA, VCTA, RHCSA, Linux+ or comparable vender certification.
- Require active DoD IAT Level II (i.e. Security+) certification or equivalent prior to start.
- Highly proficient at documenting logical or physical designs using drawing tools (e.g. Visio, Powerpoint, Gliffy, Cameo, MagicDraw) to depict systems, subsystems, interfaces, components, and communications of I/T applications and infrastructure
- Experience with researching, designing, and implementing technical solutions
- Significant experience with requirements management and analysis
- Experience creating or executing a migration plan to move services, applications, or data between environments or to a commercial cloud provider for a large, enterprise environment.
- Proven experience conducting site surveys, analyzing data obtained from site surveys, and incorporating site survey details into technical documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This shall include drafting SOPs and technical documentation individually as well as reviewing artifacts produced by other engineers.
- Must be able to work as part of a team to troubleshoot and resolve complex network issues
- Must have broad exposure to common I/T infrastructure with multiple areas of depth across networking, storage, Identity and Access Management, operating systems, server virtualization, enterprise productivity applications, voice, desktops, or mobile devices
- Must be able to present designs and plans to technical leadership personnel and boards for approvals
- Robust experience in LCR and standardization of technologies.
- Professional level compute certification (i.e. VCP-DCV, MCSD, RHCE, etc.)
- Experience in cloud migration.
- Significant knowledge in enterprise virtualization technologies (i.e. VMware vSphere, Microsoft Hyper-V, Red Hat Virtualization, etc.).
- Significant knowledge in enterprise storage technologies (i.e. Dell PowerStore/Unity, HPE Alletra/3PAR, NetApp AFF Series, etc.).
- Experience in managing enterprise backup solutions (i.e. CommVault, PowerProtect, Veeam)
- Experienced in deploying and maintaining Windows Server and/or Red Hat systems
- Experienced with Active Directory and Group Policy management and design
- Experience in scripting (i.e. PowerShell)
- Experienced with patching technologies (i.e. VMware LCM/VUM, MECM/SCCM, Satellite/Ansible)
- Experience in VCF, AWS, Azure, Oracle, or Google Cloud technologies.
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data/metrics to improve system performance
- Familiarity with RBAC theories and methodologies
- Familiarity with networking technologies
- Experienced in implementing systems hardening and DISA STIGs
- Robust experienced in conducting technical deep dives for troubleshooting.
External Referral Eligible
Pay Range:Pay Range $118,300.00 - $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.