Leidos has an opening for a Software Systems Engineer in support of the DCGS-N systems engineering efforts in North Charleston, SC.
Seeking a Software Systems Engineer to support the Distributed Common Ground System, Navy (DCGS-N) Increment 2 Ashore System (DAS). DCGS-N is the Navy's premier Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) processing system.
The successful applicant will be the site support/system engineer for the DAS in North Charleston, SC and lead for DAS FSE’s at US Fleet Forces Command (USFFC) in Norfolk VA and COMPACFLT (CPF) in Makalapa, HI.
The position will involve extensive application configuration and candidates should possess an administrator-level understanding of n-tier Enterprise applications (db, app server, and client) architecture/management as well as the capacity to follow detailed installation and administrative procedures.
- Will maintain the installed system i.e. patching, reinstallation etc.
- Will oversee and manage the support, patching and reinstallation of 2 other DAS sites.
- Will act as the support engineer for the site, creating and maintaining user accounts the DoD and local security guidelines.
- The ability to analyze, trouble shoot, and document issues that arise on the system.
- Will need to coordinate/collaborate with the NIWCLant engineering team to solve, potentially develop and implement fixes.
- Will work with the NIWCLant and local Information Assurance (IA) teams concerning vulnerabilities and scanning of the system.
- 6+ years of overall related IT experience.
- DCGS-N past experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field. Additional years of experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Ability to travel 15%.
- Minimum of IAT II Certifications to meet DoD 8140 compliance: CompTIA Security+ (or equivalent) and training or vendor certifications in Windows, Linux, VMWare, Cisco (CCNP/CCNA)
- Experience/training in a Linux, Windows 11 SHB and Windows Server 2019/22 SHB environments.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Experience with Dell Windows Servers, NetApp Storage solutions and Cisco network devices, firewalls, and crypto devices.
- Experience in MS Windows 11 SHB, Windows Server 2019/22 SHB, VMWare (vCenter, vSphere, ESXi), MS Hyper-V, Kubernetes/container technologies.
- Ability to work effectively remotely and in a team environment with other highly skilled individuals.
- Experience with Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance environment or Distributed Common Ground System.
- Basic networking experience and Intel operations (iSToRE, CGS, DIEE, GALE, SOCETGXP, ACS, TMDS, GCCS-J).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.