Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
The Biological, Chemistry and Materials Center within the Applied Sciences Division as part of the Leidos Innovations Center/Dynetics Group is seeking a Principal/Senior Principal Scientist with a focus on the CBRNE market. This position is responsible for supporting the capture and execution of government-funded efforts within the biodefense domain, including countermeasure and biosensor systems development. The ideal candidate will have experience in the development of proposals for as well as winning and executing programs with various DoD and/or intelligence organizations. Direct experience working with DARPA, DTRA, JPEO-CBRND, AFRL, DHS, and/or the IC is preferred.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
This individual will leverage customer relationships and personal experience to identify and assess potential federal sensor and medical countermeasure business opportunities, which can provide measurable revenue growth. They will be expected to identify gaps and emerging requirements, support the design and execution of capture plans, meet with customers, help architect technical solutions, form internal and external partnerships, and support proposal efforts. This individual is expected to exercise sound scientific judgment; regularly interact with various levels of Leidos management and staff, as well as with customers. Characteristics necessary for success include business and technical vision; analytical presentation and problem-solving skills; and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Identify and qualify new biodefense/CBRNE detection and medical countermeasure business opportunities
- Design and execute capture plans, meet with customers, help architect technical solutions, and form internal and external partnerships
- Participate in proposal development activities, including writing and participation in periodic proposal reviews
- Interact routinely with various levels of the Leidos management, technical and functional staff, and customers
What Sets You Apart:
- Ph.D. in biology, chemistry or a related field with 7 years of related experience (including years of graduate experience), or a BS degree and 8-12years of prior relevant experience, or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience
- U.S Citizenship is required
- Qualified candidates must be able to obtain a Secret security clearance (no clearance needed to start)
- Experience working across multiple government organizations and program offices for a variety of biology-related programs
- Demonstrated business access to key government customers and industry partners
- Extensive organizational and mission knowledge of relevant DoD and IC organizations
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant program development/capture activities
- Flexibility to travel as required, based on work location, up to 25% per month.
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports
You’ll really WOW us having one or more of the following:
- Active Secret security clearance with ability to obtain a TS/SCI or already have an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Direct experience working with DARPA, DTRA CB, JPEO-CBRND, AFRL, DHS, and/or the IC
- Demonstrated experience in leading the technical development and/or capture of DoD- and/or IC-funded programs
- Strong technical proposal writing skills
- Experience serving as a PI and/or PM in government funded programs.
- Top Secret (TS) clearance; TS/SCI
- Experience with DoD budget, investments, and acquisition processes
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.