The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
This position will be to setup and maintain backup infrastructure (CommVault, NetBackup, Enterprise Vault, etc.) and their configurations. The position is a self-lead position to not only work incidents, outages, but the deployment/extension of the backup architecture for both networks on windows and Linux systems.
- Configuration and Deployment: -
- Configure, deploy, and manage backup solution (servers, agents, and clients) across on-premise and cloud environments.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate backup solutions seamlessly into diverse infrastructure setups,
- Design and implement backup policies, schedules, and retention strategies that align with business continuity requirements,
- Monitoring and Performance Optimization:
- Monitor backup operations and storage utilization to proactively identify performance bottlenecks, issues, and trends,
- Fine-tune backup configurations, resource allocation, and load balancing to enhance operational efficiency,
- Implement and maintain backup reporting and analytics to ensure SLAs are met.
- Administration and Maintenance:
- Perform routine maintenance tasks, including software updates, patches, and security enhancements for the backup solution environments,
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of backup configurations, standard operating procedures, and best practices,
- Lead disaster recovery planning and execution exercises, ensuring data recoverability.
- Troubleshooting and Issue Resolution:
- Diagnose and resolve complex backup failures, errors, and issues, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders as needed,
- Analyze root causes of recurring problems and implement preventative measures to enhance system stability.
- Hybrid Environment Expertise:
- Manage and optimize backup strategies within multi-enclave, hybrid environments encompassing on-premise and cloud resources. - Leverage cloud-specific backup and recovery capabilities to ensure data consistency, integrity, and compliance,
- Security and Compliance:
- Implement robust security measures to protect backup data against unauthorized access, cyber threats, and vulnerabilities,
- Adhere to data retention policies, legal requirements, and industry regulations in data handling and retention practices.
- An active TS/SCI clearance,
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience),
- Proven track record as a Backup and Recovery Specialist with hands-on experience configuring, monitoring, and maintaining CommVault backup solutions,
- Strong understanding of backup concepts, methodologies, and best practices, with a focus on hybrid environments,
- Proficiency in network configurations, including routing, firewall rules, and VPN setups relevant to backup operations,
- Familiarity with Virtual Tape Libraries (VTL) and their integration with backup systems,
- Cloud experience, preferably with platforms like AWS, Azure, or GCP, and a solid understanding of cloud-native backup solutions,
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities to troubleshoot complex backup-related issues,
- Effective communication skills to collaborate with technical and non-technical teams.
- 3 years of experience with Comm Vault,
- Relevant certifications, such as CommVault Certified Professional (CCP) or cloud-specific certifications, are advantageous.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 46,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.