Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like an environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Civil Group helps modernize infrastructure, systems, and security. We are a trusted partner to both government and highly regulated commercial customers looking for transformative solutions in mission IT, security, software, engineering, and operations. We work with our customers including the FAA, DOE, NASA, National Science Foundation, Transportation Security Administration, Custom and Border Protection, airports, and electric utilities to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient. Our customers take on the toughest challenges out there, and at times need a helping hand from specialists in their fields. We combine our scale as a Fortune 500 company with the deep technical knowledge of our core capabilities and the expertise of our talented and diverse workforce to deliver mission-centric innovations. For each of these core capabilities, we have developed proven, repeatable processes that help us deliver agile, cost-effective solutions to foster a better world.
The Civil Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to work in our Ladson, SC facility. As a member of the Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) team, you will
As a member of the Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions Manufacturing Organization you will be responsible for managing the Manufacturing Engineering team at our new manufacturing facility, located in Ladson, SC. We produce a variety of sophisticated equipment utilized for inspection and security within airports and at border crossings. We have a worldwide customer base and a broad portfolio of products.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager is a dynamic role, requiring someone who has a deep understanding of manufacturing operations, excellent communication skills, the ability to adapt and experience with the various technologies embedded within our products. This role will manage a team of 5+ Manufacturing Engineers. It will guide the teams’ various projects and ensure that goals are met and all internal customers are satisfied.
Manufacturing Engineering team is responsible for the following:
- Creating and maintaining assembly documentations for all products.
- Creating and maintaining the “MBOM” Manufacturing Bill of Materials in our ERP system
- Creating and managing ECO Engineering Change Orders when needed to support production related issues.
- Supporting sales efforts and reviewing customer orders to ensure technical accuracy.
- Resolving production related technical issues.
- Identifying and implementing manufacturing process improvements
- Designing and developing manufacturing processes for new products
- Assisting as needed with manufacturing operator training.
- Participating in EOL End of Life management of product components.
- Participating in cost reduction efforts.
- Manage new product introduction projects.
- Support suppliers and contract manufacturing on manufacturing or technical issues
- Ensure all areas are in compliance with EHS guidelines
- Ensure all documentation is maintained and updated
- Provides primary input into recruitment, development, performance and reward decisions for direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing Engineering, or related field and 8+ years of experience in manufacturing engineering or operations. May consider equivalent working experience in lieu of a degree.
- Prior experience with the manufacturing of capital, security or aviation related products.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both in writing and verbally, to a wide-range of audiences
- 4+ years experience leading manufacturing teams or projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems, often with limited information and guidance
- Experience with MES and ERP tools
- Possess one of the following certifications: Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping
- Sound engineering knowledge & understanding
- Interpersonal savvy in prioritizing customer needs with effective business decisions
- Personal sense of integrity and trust
- Ability to identify, prioritize, and manage critical issues, to avoid escalations/conflicts at a later stage
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to translate data into actionable information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Pay Range:Pay Range $84,500.00 - $152,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.